X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely beautiful! I really love it!

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      Some others pics and a video of how i pick it up to the car.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LzVmX6FR2s
      Too bad I can't understand what you said in the youtube.
      Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
        That is a beautful chair totoL1!! Cool video too, too bad I couldn't understand it.
        I just was speaking of the chair, that is a Oracing ...
        And i want to show how to pick it up&down of the car for all that guys that have folding chairs and they are fear to buy a rigid chair because they think it will be more difficult to do it with a rigid chair.

So this video is a extreme case, because the chair is rigid, the backrest too and i don`t take out the cushion and you can see how easy is for a para.

Comment

Thanks guys, I did a bunch of pics for choose the better for a report.
          I want to show a little detail.
          Where the axles of the rear wheels goes, are fixed to the camber tube with a seat clamp 34.9mm of bikes, this is mine and when it will get ruin and full of scratch is cheap to replace them.

Depending of the colour of your chair and your taste you can choose a between a bunch of them

Comment

Well, who know me will know that i like customized chairs.
            But in this chair is not much to do.

I did the calf strap in colaboration with Stephen
            There are not much bolts to change, the frame only have two, for adjust the footplate height, i changed them for titanium racer bolts with drill head and i will change all the bolts of the brakes when i will customized them.
            I customized the sideguards too, for my taste look nicer now and have a few grames less.
            I`m going to change the footplate for a 1mm fiber carbon plate, now i`ve got 2mm thicker plate, so i will save half of weight.
            I`m going to change the axles of casters and forks.
            And i`m going to customized the brakes for make them a really ultralight brakes.
            Here are a few pics of what i did( change footplate bolts and sideguards)
            I will post pics when the new axles arrive and when i finish my brakes.
            Last edited by totoL1; 27 Jun 2010, 1:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post

Only thing is I think I'd be quick to put uni-tines on it - those shiny allanbolts look like they'd chew up the furniture.
              Yes, but i like more this forks than unitines, and are a bit lighter, what i`m going to do is change the allanbolt.

Originally posted by gpbullock View Post
              Price as configured?

The same as all, a basic price and add options. I had a special price, but this chair like is in the pics could cost around 3500 euros.
              Last edited by totoL1; 26 Jun 2010, 6:50 AM.

Comment

You certainly take it to the extreme. Job well done though. What is the color called? I almost went with Azure Blue on mine; I really like the blue on yours.
                C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                  You certainly take it to the extreme. Job well done though. What is the color called? I almost went with Azure Blue on mine; I really like the blue on yours.
                  If i tell you the true, i don`t know. When i was in Oracing factory i saw a bit of tube painted with that colour and i told them that i want my chair like that.
                  Here is the catalog of the colours that you can choose, they don`t have a name, only a number.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                    So this video is a extreme case, because the chair is rigid, the backrest too and i don`t take out the cushion and you can see how easy is for a para.
                    If you have a care with plenty of room between you and the steering wheel then that's all good and it normally isn't a problem. From my own experience though that is not always the case. I've had two vehicles with no back seat and seats that did not recline, also the steering wheel didn't have tilt to move up and down, which meant that there was no way I was going to get a chair without a folding back in.

I haven't had one like that in awhile, but who knows what my next one will be, so I always get folding back just in case.
                    Most everything I say is

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
                      If you have a care with plenty of room between you and the steering wheel then that's all good and it normally isn't a problem. From my own experience though that is not always the case. I've had two vehicles with no back seat and seats that did not recline, also the steering wheel didn't have tilt to move up and down, which meant that there was no way I was going to get a chair without a folding back in.

I haven't had one like that in awhile, but who knows what my next one will be, so I always get folding back just in case.
                      Change your car
                      I don`t move the steering wheel, only the seat.

Comment

Looks awesome! I can't think of any suggestions.
                        I'm Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
                          Nice looking chair...Aluminum, they need to get em coded over in the US so that Medicare will pay for em.
                          yea man, that would be nice. im due for a Medicare chair next year, would luv to test drive one. wonder if there are any US dealers

Congrats totoL1, great looking chair.

Comment

GREAT looking chair! I really like the tab mounts used to secure the side guards, I don't think I've seen it done that way before. I also like that the side guards don't extend below the seat frame, covering it up.

The angled rigidizer bar perfectly combines form and function. I wonder if TiLite would consider doing this without an upcharge of hundreds of dollars. They haven't even caught up yet offering the calf strap frame attachments that are frequently found on European-manufactured chairs.

It's also great that Oracing appears eager to include user's suggestions in the design of their chairs. I don't expect that you'll see one anytime soon in the US, though I'd certainly consider buying one someday if the hurdles weren't overly onerous.

Toto, what is the diameter of the tubing?
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

I think the Invacare A4 has offered tabs for mounting calf strap in the past. ONe of the fellows on the local bball team is sporting them on his A4.
                              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                                GREAT looking chair! I really like the tab mounts used to secure the side guards, I don't think I've seen it done that way before. I also like that the side guards don't extend below the seat frame, covering it up.

Toto, what is the diameter of the tubing?
                                Yes, i don`t like that the side guards extend over the frame, i like having my sideguards in the tabs and you can see the frame, and also between the sideguard and the tabs are silentblocks for absorb vibrations and noises, awesone.

The diameter of the tubes are 30mm and 2mm of walls, the stem fork tube and the camber tube are 35mm x2mm, the backrest is 25mmx2mm and the crossbartubes 20mm.

This tubes are for user with weight under 100kg (222lbs), for heavier guys the wall of the tubes will be 2.5mm
                                Last edited by totoL1; 27 Jun 2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X