No announcement yet.

My new ultralight wheelchair: Oracing F2V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi toto thank for the reply .i was thinking of doing that to my wheelchair but i was going to use Plexiglas and cut some holes on it to take some weight off ,i don't know if is going to hold me i weigh close to 280-300 pound so that why i have not done it keep it up do is nice to see someone else is also thinking and fixing there chair all the time ,i just put lx spinergys and new caster on mine nice ride.

Comment

Originally posted by evee View Post
      hi toto thank for the reply .i was thinking of doing that to my wheelchair but i was going to use Plexiglas and cut some holes on it to take some weight off ,i don't know if is going to hold me i weigh close to 280-300 pound so that why i have not done it keep it up do is nice to see someone else is also thinking and fixing there chair all the time ,i just put lx spinergys and new caster on mine nice ride.
      Spinergy LX Features:
      • Spinergy Wheels are available in 22", 24", 25" and 26" sizes.
      • Lightweight "Slotted" CNC machined alloy hub.
      • Weight: 2.9 lbs each with aluminum handrim and high pressure tires - 140 grams lighter than SPOX.Weighs just 1.5 lbs without tire and handrim.
      • 12 spoke design gives easier access to reach under your chair.
      • 1.8" Width at Bearing Faces.
      • Weight limit 250 lbs.
      • For custom designs please contact customer service for quote.

stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

I don`t know about the streght of the plexiglass.

Comment

i don't either but for what is worth i mite give it a try,
          also i don't know that is going to be lighter then the cloth and strips that it has now ? the lighter the better for me yes i know the weight limit on the lx thats why talk to the spenergy guy for a long time at the expo i did not want to spend that $$ if had to replace spokes like crazy i told them my problem whit wire spokes he said i should bee fine i guess will see

Comment

i don't either but for what is worth i mite give it a try,
            also i don't know that is going to be lighter then the cloth and strips that it has now ? the lighter the better for me yes i know the weight limit on the lx thats why talk to the spenergy guy for a long time at the expo i did not want to spend that $$ if had to replace spokes like crazy i told them my problem whit wire spokes he said i should bee fine i guess will see
            But playglass is heavy, i have sheets of them 10mm thickness for do carbon fiber sheets and is not a light material.
            I would go before that with playwood, you could painted in black and that`s all, it will be much lighter than playglass, i don`t know what thinckness you will need, but is not an expensive material, so you can try until you find the correct thickness.

About the wheel go for the Spinergys spox sport can hold until 350lbs the wide hub version, but you will need a speciall camber for the axle.
            I have them and gave them a test and are excellent wheels, specially if you are going to use them for a daily use.

Comment

that's what i was thinking to do whit the Plexiglas to.as far as the spinergys this is my first pr i don't like the look of the spox,that's why i went whit the lx also i think the specs are for one wheel so if you have to is 500 pound is like when you by a jack that said one ton or two you are not lifting the hole car just one tire at a time? it took a long time for me to get this wheels the insurance never wanted to pay for them so i both this out of my on pocket and I'm not working anymore so it will be a while before i can spend that kind of $$
              '

Comment

Plexiglass will probably crack. You might try Lexan or UHMW. The UHMW would tear slowly before it broke. Its what they make all the bits on saturday night race cars out of: front grills, mud flaps. You can pick it up at race shops, by the foot, so its pretty cheap.

Comment

hi balfatdad i will keep that in mind thank you for you input

Comment

Working...
                  X