Uppertone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uppertone

For those of you who have the Uppertone machine where did you buy it from? Any problems with delivery etc. I'm particularily interested in the experiences of Canadian users. Did you order through a local heathcare supplier like Shoppers Home Health Care, Motion Specialties etc., or did you order through a US company like Planet Mobility?

I ordered mine through Medi-Chair here in Sask.A friend of mine ordered his through his local C.P.A office.Try givin them a call.Ive had no problems with mine at all,ive had it for 3yrs.

~Never mistake motion for action~-Ernest Hemmingway

Comment

Hey JeffB,Theres actually one for sale in the exercise forum..

Comment

I ordered mine a year ago through the contact information found at http://www.gpk.com/upprtone.htm and had great luck.

Comment

Does anyone have the optional backrest, rickshaw/tricep handles or rowing handles? I can't find pictures or descriptions of these anywhere. Does the backrest need to be removed for excercises besides the chest press and can this be done independently?

Also, if you need the backrest for excercising from a manual chair then why are none of the people using one on the Uppertone web page?

[This message was edited by Jeff B on 07-28-04 at 02:02 PM.]

Comment

Hey Jeff,ya ive got all that.The backrest can stay on for rowing and arm curls but other than that it needs to come off.I have no problems taking it off and on.

You definatly need it for the chest press if your in a manual chair or your going over backwards,im speaking from experience.If there not using it on the site then there not pushing much weight.

Comment

Thanks Shaun.

How are the rowing handles different from the chest press ones that come standard? Are the rickshaw handles fabric loops or solid handles?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B:

Thanks Shaun.

How are the rowing handles different from the chest press ones that come standard? Are the rickshaw handles fabric loops or solid handles?
                The rowing handles are the same handles used for chest press.You face out and push for chest press and face in and pull for rowing,same handles know what i mean.

Rickshaw handles are fabric with a small cable loop,easily could be made by anybody however you wanted them..

Comment

I got mine used from some guy on the Internet. It was a little bent up when I received it but I managed to get it working. I am having a hard time using the chest press/row bars. My brakes are kind of loose and my chair slides backwards or forwards. I also tip backwards when I'm trying to push a lot of weight. How have you guys overcome these problems?
                  c6/7 complete

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm late to the party but I'd like to revive this topic.

I've bought 2 uppertones so far (hope there won't be a third). I bought one while in rehab. Used it regularly at first. Then sold it because I was looking to move to Ottawa for school. I bought another one several years later because I started getting soft and I missed using it.
                    This 2nd one doesn't hold the weights very well in the trucking positions, though. It's curious because I had more weights on the first (40lbs) than I do now (30lbs) Does anyone have a tips? I mean, I release the trucking grips when not in use but if someone has any good ideas, please share

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Justin S View Post
                      I got mine used from some guy on the Internet. It was a little bent up when I received it but I managed to get it working. I am having a hard time using the chest press/row bars. My brakes are kind of loose and my chair slides backwards or forwards. I also tip backwards when I'm trying to push a lot of weight. How have you guys overcome these problems?
                      Superlate answer but here are 2 things I've done. 1) I purchased the backrest Shaun's referring to. It prevents you from tipping backwards when doing the chest press. 2) I made a makeshift stopper/bar for when I do the rowing exercises. It's an old broomstick that I tied a string to. I place the bar on the ground against the two sides in front of the machine. I role up until my casters are against the bar, essentially squeezing it between my casters and the two sides in front of the machine. When I row, the bar keeps me from rolling forward. The string is so that I can pick up the bar after I'm done rowing

Comment

that can be tightened, at least on mine they can. I have extended the weight stacks and have 80 on both sides. no slip. they do need tightened occasionally. my unit is one of the first units made. great machine. mine has been modified below.
                        1. weight stacks extended
                        2. all welds on shoulder press and row arms redone and reinforced
                        3. thicker cables
                        4. heavier pully wheels
                        Originally posted by sombrerodude View Post
                        Hey everyone, I'm late to the party but I'd like to revive this topic.

I've bought 2 uppertones so far (hope there won't be a third). I bought one while in rehab. Used it regularly at first. Then sold it because I was looking to move to Ottawa for school. I bought another one several years later because I started getting soft and I missed using it.
                        This 2nd one doesn't hold the weights very well in the trucking positions, though. It's curious because I had more weights on the first (40lbs) than I do now (30lbs) Does anyone have a tips? I mean, I release the trucking grips when not in use but if someone has any good ideas, please share

cheers
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                        X