Handbiking and the washroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handbiking and the washroom

I want to buy a handbike and go for half a day but how do you go to the washroom? (I don't use a leg bag) Thanks
    Never Give Up!

Wear loose shorts and pull up behind a bush?
    Most everything I say is

Comment

i dont cath i pee in urinal. so i wear ext and legbag so i can drink. then when im done take it off andthrow away
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
        i dont cath i pee in urinal. so i wear ext and legbag so i can drink. then when im done take it off andthrow away
        I've never used a leg bag before.

Originally posted by TexasWheelz
        Wear loose shorts and pull up behind a bush?
        That sounds like a great idea! I've got skinny legs but I've got no shame.
        Never Give Up!

Comment

I use a leg bag now, but before that I sometimes took handcycle into disabled toilets when they were big enough. then climbed from the floor to the toilet

goodluck
          "The impossible is just that which hasn't been done yet.Impossible is nothing"

Comment

Originally posted by Miss September View Post
            I use a leg bag now, but before that I sometimes took handcycle into disabled toilets when they were big enough. then climbed from the floor to the toilet

goodluck

Did you get dirty from the floor? Do you use a leg bag all the time or just cycling?
            Never Give Up!

Comment

Something about leg bags I never liked. I just bring a back-pak with a couple of enclosed catheters in it, works like a charm. You can usually always find a good spot to drain the vein at when riding.
              If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

I ride around the city and have made a mental list of bushes and queit car parks to hide in when I need a leak.

Comment

I sometimes took handcycle into disabled toilets when they were big enough. then climbed from the floor to the toilet
                  I don't think I would ever scoot around on the floor of a public bathroom. You're much braver than I.

I'm with Texas. I pee in bushes.

Comment

lol brian and able chef. 4 got to mention I put a towl down first. Bit harder for us gals to pee on the bike in a bush
                    "The impossible is just that which hasn't been done yet.Impossible is nothing"

Comment

lol brian and able chef. 4 got to mention I put a towl down first. Bit harder for us gals to pee on the bike in a bush
                      Okay that sounds much better. I can see the problem for gals in the bush.
                      Never Give Up!

Comment

goodluck
                        You either have the world's smallest handcycle, or the world's largest restrooms.
                        I bought a set of Wheelchair Buddies. They're great for longer rides, both for restroom/lunch breaks and if you have to do any repairs to your HC. It took a little practice to get the wc on the back, but they worth every penny.
                        Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

I do the behind the bush thing.

Comment

i do that at home but for me i dont have much time from the urge until its coming out my fire hose, lol. so i would need to limit my fluids which isnt smart or productive while training, hence the pee bag and ext.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Ew, I could never do that I hope you use sanitizer once you get on the toilet!! Wear shorts like someone else suggested would be much easier than putting a towel down, transferring to floor & then onto toilet.
                              Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

Working...
                              X