new force---------arrived pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean Post View Post
    Great looking bike! Just in time for Summer.
    thx
    have you been riding. what brake setup do you use again
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Looks like quite the machine, congrats.
      "Life is about how you
      respond to not only the
      challenges you're dealt but
      the challenges you seek...If
      you have no goals, no
      mountains to climb, your
      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett View Post
        right on.

who's the sponsor?
        Ditto.
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

John,who is your sponser? Why did someone sponser a guy who has never cycled before? What sports do you do on a competitive level?

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Wheeler View Post
            John,who is your sponser? Why did someone sponser a guy who has never cycled before? What sports do you do on a competitive level?
            The Senate Subcommittee on Sponsored Challenged Athletes is now called to order. And you are reminded that you are under oath
            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

That is crazy good. Love it!

I'm digging the colors, too.

Happy cycling!

Comment

It's all about timing and getting access to the right guy to get sponsorship. A person doesn't always have to be on a competitive level to get good sponsorship; it helps but not the only requirement.

It's not that difficult. Define a need and create a plan with a positive end result. Write it up and if possible, drop it off personally to the local "target" intended so they see a face to the request. Most like the publicity; especially for a good cause like sponsoring a bike for a person trying to maximze their potential with a goal in mind. Local newspapers are great for that.

Now back to thread of John's new shiny bike and looking forward to his review of it.
                Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 11 May 2010, 3:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                  It's all about timing and getting access to the right guy to get sponsorship. A person doesn't always have to be on a competitive level to get good sponsorship; it helps but not the only requirement.

It's not that difficult. Define a need and create a plan with a positive end result. Write it up and if possible, drop it off personally to the local "target" intended so they see a face to the request. Most like the publicity; especially for a good cause like sponsoring a bike for a person trying to maximze their potential with a goal in mind. Local newspapers are great for that.

Now back to thread of John's new shiny bike and looking forward to his review of it.
                  exactly patrick. its all about press.

im fortunate to have had alot of coverage lately whichhas brought several good sponsors.

including universal nutrition and supracor.

amateur athletes get sponsored too. just got to get pr, and be able to sell yourself.

the sponsors i have are for the columbus marathon endevor(sp) in october.

ok, my dad and i werre both off work today so we tweeked it to fit me and off i went. nasty cold day w/ drizzle. i did around four miles according to my computer.

this bike is bad azz. and this quad rides its hard. i love it.

gotta work on the brake. the elbow brake isnt working. just cant get at it well

im gonna switch to xtr shifter next mth as well.
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                    exactly patrick. its all about press.

im fortunate to have had alot of coverage lately whichhas brought several good sponsors.

including universal nutrition and supracor.

amateur athletes get sponsored too. just got to get pr, and be able to sell yourself.

the sponsors i have are for the columbus marathon endevor(sp) in october.

ok, my dad and i werre both off work today so we tweeked it to fit me and off i went. nasty cold day w/ drizzle. i did around four miles according to my computer.

this bike is bad azz. and this quad rides its hard. i love it.

gotta work on the brake. the elbow brake isnt working. just cant get at it well

im gonna switch to xtr shifter next mth as well.
                    Fuente,post pics when you get your elevated loading dock completed.No way I can get in and out of bike that low to the ground.

Comment

dude, its low, lol. even elevated on my ramp im off by 6inchs. im going to buy the table lift from harbor frieght like a few guys on here have done.

my pops helped me on/off. ill get it w/ the lift thou.

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-...ble-94822.html

im going to put alittle padding on top and some sort of grab arm to push off of.
                      Last edited by fuentejps; 11 May 2010, 3:53 PM.
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

Being Black & Yellow, my kids would call you Bumble Bee. They love Transformers. Cool bike. How many rides do you do a year?
                        Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

just got hitch on our car and built the bike on rack w/ buddy rack for mywifes bike. awesome piece

mike this is my 1st year competing. 1 marathon this year 3 next year....maybe more
                          Last edited by fuentejps; 12 May 2010, 7:02 PM.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                            just got hitch on our car and built the bike on rack w/ buddy rack for mywifes rack. awesome piece

mike this is my 1st year competing. 1 marathon this year 3 next year....maybe more
                            Um, wanna rephrase that?
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                              Um, wanna rephrase that?
                              Damn, you beat me to it.
                              Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

That is a great looking armbike , John. My 'bros who I ride with are both getting them. I will have to dig deep to keep up with them.
                                I hugely believe in flags. The bigger the better. We get the used car lot antenna metallic flags and remove the wimpy red flag and slide them on the flag pole. It is so more visible, it would suck to go through living with SCI only to be mowed down by a car.

Comment

Working...
                                X