Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is best ZR series 2 or TR for larger people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Andy and Fuentes, no cushion should fit to the knees. I cringe, well kinda anyway, seeing that.

lol Vander, yeah, sometimes much later then up at 6:30. Course I'm sure the youngun's are just going out the door to party at midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
      Hey RD and WTF,Depends on the frame angle. The more angle the less knee clearance you'll get on a same length frame. Mine is 18" length of seat, I have 2 finger clearance 85o front angle. On a 90o, the back of my knees would be against the seatpan. 85o angle on a 17" I would have like three or more fingers I think.

You must have like a 75o angle WTF to have to do that with your cushion.
      I have an 85 degee on my zra but I did order my 16" depth with the added inch so maybe thats why I can pull out the cushion some.
      A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
        im 6'2 bout 195 200. i run a zr, just ordered zr2. i go 17wx16d. i like short frames and my feet tucked back. i fit my own chairs, i know exactly what i need.

i went from box frame colours eclipses to zr, like night/day dragging over me in car.

i too was goinmg w/ marvel but hesitated and glad i did. i dont rec buying one, fullish move now
        John with the 17" width is it a tight squeeze to get pass the steering wheel? I have a 16" and mine barely makes it?

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
          John with the 17" width is it a tight squeeze to get pass the steering wheel? I have a 16" and mine barely makes it?
          slide your [vehicle] seat back, or lean it back, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett View Post
            slide your [vehicle] seat back, or lean it back, or both.
            I do, I slide the seat all the way back and I lean the seat back, I think my sure grip handcontrols stick out more than it did on my previous Nissan.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen
              Leg length from seat pan to footrest is 17"
              I changed forks and got 5'' casters, and now my STF is 19''. But my seat pan to footrest is 17'', same as you Patrick.

My question is do your thighs firmly sit on the cushion? Seems like your thighs wouldn't be bearing much weight, being as you're 3 inches taller than me, and have the same measurement from seat pan to footrest that I do.

If I go any shorter on seat pan to footrest, my thighs don't take hardly any of my weight...leading I believe to more pressure on my ischials, leading to a red butt where my pressure sore healed.

Unless I have freakishly long lower legs, which I don't believe is true
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
                john with the 17" width is it a tight squeeze to get pass the steering wheel? I have a 16" and mine barely makes it?
                i dont even fold my back down. I slide seat all the way back and lay it completely down. Plenty of room
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Hey RDF, I use a hard foam cushion. I can slide my hands under my thighs with a little effort. They rest on the length of the cushion with out distortion and not gaps. What type of cushion are ou using? If you do change the length, make sure to check the bum. Hope that helps.

How are the 5" casters? They should help with the clearance from fooplate to floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                    Hey RDF, I use a hard foam cushion. I can slide my hands under my thighs with a little effort. They rest on the length of the cushion with out distortion and not gaps. What type of cushion are ou using? If you do change the length, make sure to check the bum. Hope that helps.

How are the 5" casters? They should help with the clearance from fooplate to floor.
                    Patrick I'm using a Jay2.

I think I'll stay with a 16by16 after reading your comments, and those of John and others. Yes the 5'' inch casters help a little with the clearance.

What do you mean by 'without distortion and not gaps' regarding your thighs on the cushion?

Thanks!

Comment

No indentation of the thighs due to being too low on the cushion.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks Patrick.

Thanks!

Comment

i dont even fold my back down. I slide seat all the way back and lay it completely down. Plenty of room
                          Hmmm mine is pretty tight. We have the same chair and same car - so maybe its my technique.

Comment

Did you order a fixed back chair this time around?
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

i did just for angle adjustment
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com
                              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                              X