Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you give me some feedback? new site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would prefer only one category: all.
    and the item records would have to have tags that the seller would have to fill out. one of them would be the categories you listed.
    for browsers i would put in a search filer, that would allow one to restrict all to some category (with a predefined vocabulary both for posting and searching), price range, maybe location, definitely posting date (especially after), keywords, something like that.
    i think it is not realistic to expect caraigslist comparable amount of ads. i would not bother clicking on 30 (or whatever number) of different categories just to check out 2-3 ads in every category. also, if you have all, one can just browse, if not using the search/filer, and maybe find something interesting. like wandering through a store.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett View Post

Thanks. AdaptiveStuff.com is running on Wordpress, which doesn't have the same community-based feature set of vBulletin (e.g. CareCure, planetminis.com, etc). I'll look into if a rating function can be added though. Thing is that anyone can register under different names on either system though & nullify the point of feedback. Because this site doesn't have a community/forum component, there's no reason for a user to simply re-register and remain anonymous. As with eBay, Craigslist, forums, etc.: caveat emptor.
      Look at BuddyPress. I wasn't too impressed with it in its earlier incarnations, but I hear it's been improved a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
        I can't seem to find anything that says they can't be sold on craigslist either. I had some that I posted on ebay and they deleted my auction and sent me a rules and regulations email. I just assumed Craigslist was the same way so I was hesitant to even try. I just tried to do some searching on FDA and all I really see is contact lenses and hearing aides and of course prescription drugs can't be sold but by authorized agencies.

I am not by any means trying to put a damper on your site as I think it is a great idea.
        no worries... thanks!

Originally posted by zz View Post
        i would prefer only one category: all.
        and the item records would have to have tags that the seller would have to fill out. one of them would be the categories you listed.
        for browsers i would put in a search filer, that would allow one to restrict all to some category (with a predefined vocabulary both for posting and searching), price range, maybe location, definitely posting date (especially after), keywords, something like that.
        i think it is not realistic to expect caraigslist comparable amount of ads. i would not bother clicking on 30 (or whatever number) of different categories just to check out 2-3 ads in every category. also, if you have all, one can just browse, if not using the search/filer, and maybe find something interesting. like wandering through a store.
        cool, you can build that.

if you're looking for, say... a cushion... it's too much hassle clicking the "cushion" category?

btw, you can click on any of the 8 primary categories and browse that way.

Originally posted by Katja View Post
        Look at BuddyPress. I wasn't too impressed with it in its earlier incarnations, but I hear it's been improved a lot lately.
        yeah, I'm familiar w/ BP. I don't see a point of building a community of sorts around classifieds though. This site doesn't have a need for it.
        Last edited by -scott-; 17 Apr 2010, 1:15 AM.

Comment

Dont know if it helps but here is a similar site in the UK

http://www.disabledgear.com/

Comment

I tried to post a couple ads. It let's me choose Canada as my country but then makes me choose a state.
            Also, I had trouble with the picture I wanted to load. Will it let me load a picture or modify the ad after it's posted?
            C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Thanks Alex, this is exactly the kind of feedback I need. Good point re: states outside of the US (oops). I'll get that fixed today.

As for pictures, what trouble did you have? Right now it's set to only accept photos w/ a file size 500kb or below.

You can edit the ad after it's posted, yes. Click on the "My Dashboard" link (top right) & you'll see your ads w/ a button that looks like this: under the "options" heading. Click that.

I'm also going to add specific fields for wheelchair ads so users can specify specs (seat width, depth, etc etc).

More soon...

Comment

the problem with the picture wasn't with your site - it was getting it from my camera to my computer. I am going to add it tonight
                C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

I've edited the location issue, currently limiting it to Canada and USA.

The Canadian provinces/territories are now options.

This is a slow work in progress as I'm currently finishing up a semester of grad school, but after May 8 I'll get this site polished. In the meantime, feedback is welcome... feel free to post stuff too.

www.adaptivestuff.com
                  Last edited by -scott-; 23 Apr 2010, 7:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X