No announcement yet.

NEW Tilite ZRa 2 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While this amount of dump may seem extreme to some, it may be perfect for others. One thing I'll note, which the video provded by Toto bears out, dump such as this may work better for those with longer legs.

Some of you may have followed my saga last year of ordering a new chair, which was quite different from what I had, the biggest differences being more dump and a tighter leg rest angle. My previous chair had about 2" of dump and my new one has 3-1/2" of dump and I admit ordering the additional dump made me a bit nervous. Well if I had it to do over I would have more dump; not because of balance or the like, but rather for more foot clearance and getting lower into the chair. Those that are shorter will find this easier to achieve.

One other thing, I have used Jay Active cushions for years yet I am unable to in my new chair because I sit much higher on the cushion, in the back, than on my ROHO; I could lower the rear seat height of my chair by an estimated inch and sit the exact same as I do currently on a ROHO, the perceived dump would be a lot more, but due to cushion differences the result is the same.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      I agree with you, maybe a quad with anti tips can find that configuration ok.
      But i think that configuration is rediculous for show your product, that will be even difficult for me to drive uphill with that dump and this COG and i have a perfect control of body with a L1.
      I will bet this chair is for this guy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD7U1...eature=related look at the dump of his chair, he have pushrims for quads, he don`t fold the backrest for pick it up to the car and he like green.
      i run that much dump. brian is right, by a taller guy like me running 4in dum,p im able to run shorter chairs 16 deep. im 6'2...........and i never fold my backrest either
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Maybe that dump( i think more than 6") are ok for some of you, but that chair with that COG will be very tippy.

Comment

kind of petty here, but why is 1 spoke white on that zr?

Comment

Originally posted by Miss September View Post
            I wonder if those sngle sided caster forks would fit on existing chairs, like zr and tr? They lok like they would be much easier to get the wheel on and off for cleaning
            There is a model available for other chair:
            http://www.sportaid.com/frog-legs-un...air-forks.html

Comment

Originally posted by dkwestern View Post
              kind of petty here, but why is 1 spoke white on that zr?
              Assuming it was done intentionally, it may serve to distinguish the right from the left wheel. Depending on the tread patterns of the two, there can be a difference between the two. On those occasion when someone other than me puts my wheels on, they often switch the two. Not the end of the world, of course, if that happens, but if there's a more conspicuous way of distinguishing between right and left tires, short of studying tread patterns, maybe a spoke of a different color on one wheel would make it easier to distinguish between them.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                Assuming it was done intentionally, it may serve to distinguish the right from the left wheel. Depending on the tread patterns of the two, there can be a difference between the two. On those occasion when someone other than me puts my wheels on, they often switch the two. Not the end of the world, of course, if that happens, but if there's a more conspicuous way of distinguishing between right and left tires, short of studying tread patterns, maybe a spoke of a different color on one wheel would make it easier to distinguish between them.
                I peeled the Spox decal off my left hub.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                  I peeled the Spox decal off my left hub.
                  Are you sure it's your left?
                  C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                    Are you sure it's your left?
                    Yes. If I swap wheels, one of the quick release axles won't quite lock in while the other will have a bit more slop. There is either a slight difference in the bearing spacing or the axle sleeve. Rather than risk damaging the bearings trying to correct it, I learned to live with having a left and right wheel.

Comment

sorry but this would be the new ZR

Comment

I never get worried about the left/right wheel sides but you guys makes me wooried now...

What kind of damages I can get?
                        My chair has no camber angle.

Comment

Originally posted by chriZ View Post
                          I never get worried about the left/right wheel sides but you guys makes me wooried now...

What kind of damages I can get?
                          My chair has no camber angle.
                          well if you have some side-to-side slop in your wheel the bearing will wear prematurely. If you have your axle lengths set perfectly and the detents in which they sit in your axle tubes are close relative to one another then it shouldn't be a problem. With your chair un-weighted wiggle your wheels in-and-out to feel for play, if there's any there adjust your axle length until there's no side-to-side movement. You can either adjust the nut on your axles or shim them with washers.

Comment

the tilite z10s are sold out

Comment

Originally posted by Hell on wheels 916 View Post
                              the tilite z10s are sold out
                              sweet! Now they can use all it's tech for the new ZR, with exception of that solid backrest I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                                I didn't exactly go poking around, I've had that directory bookmarked for over a year because it allows me to directly access .pdf files for order forms and tell by the date whether they have been updated.
                                ...sounds like secret-squirrel-operative poking around to me. I think i saw it on Mission Impossible once....
                                July 2006 T3/T4 Para

Out of all the schooling and course work and parenting i received, i can't help but think someone should have warned me about this....Paralysis Blows.

Comment

Working...
                                X