Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startrack Ramp Truck

http://www.startrackslifts.com/ramptruck.html

Anybody have one? It works like a ramp minivan - but its a truck! I've seen other trucks with lifts, but this is the first wheelchair ramp truck I've ever seen!!

Now I'm really itching to get back in the drivers seat! Screw my minivan...
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

I don't think a low rider like that would fare to well in Iowa winters?
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Comment

Or PA winters! But if the weather is bad enough for 4 wheel drive, I dont think I'd be leaving my house. Haha except to make some donuts in a parking lot
      Inc C4 since Oct 07

Comment

This system has Air Suspension. The truck would ride higher when the bags were filled.

Comment

Nice alternative to lifts...but only issue from here would be my AB SO would have a really difficult time of also driving it!!

Not a ramp conversion, but I've been looking into Ryno and waiting for them to do Ford F250, as I have a Lincoln MarkLT/same body:
          http://www.rynomobility.com/gallery2.htm

Beverly

"A wild patience has taken me this far..."

Comment

Originally posted by S&W Winger View Post
            Nice alternative to lifts...but only issue from here would be my AB SO would have a really difficult time of also driving it!!
            The original drivers seat could be modified to be secured in place of the wheelchair.

I like the modification and the fact that the lift is not hanging under the vehicle but the ramp looks a little steep. Maybe it's just the angle of the images...

Comment

Originally posted by LooseCannon View Post
              The original drivers seat could be modified to be secured in place of the wheelchair.

I like the modification and the fact that the lift is not hanging under the vehicle but the ramp looks a little steep. Maybe it's just the angle of the images...
              But then where would I be?? With Ryno, there's a place for both:

Though the ramp looks less steep in this shot, it looks like the seating is not interchangeable with Startracks:

Love this idea of the ramp vs. lift, but need to be able to switch drivers on long trips...OOPS! for the hijack, but still within the scope of the thread...
              Beverly

"A wild patience has taken me this far..."

Comment

I looked at a Honda XWav Element with the same set up and it came with the stock drivers seat that could simply be inserted when necessary.

On the Element I looked at the ramp was too steep to push myself up. Notice in that video for the truck the guy had the power assist wheels so it's kinda misleading to say 'manual' chair.......
                Larry
                ------
                Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Originally posted by S&W Winger View Post
                  But then where would I be?? With Ryno, there's a place for both:
                  I see your point. With the Ryno conversion the driver and passenger sides are accessible to a wheelchair.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMan View Post
                    On the Element I looked at the ramp was too steep to push myself up. Notice in that video for the truck the guy had the power assist wheels so it's kinda misleading to say 'manual' chair.......
                    I watched the video but didn't notice the power assist. I agree it's misleading.

Comment

The ramp is 52 inches long and the height at the truck is 10 3/4". Which is pretty steep! Maybe they could lower the suspension more?? Tag and bag!!

I think I will call them..
                      Inc C4 since Oct 07

Comment

I believe Ryno built the Ramp Truck.

Comment

Ryno did build that truck. I believe that is the only one in existence as well. Ryno stopped making it altogether. Something's fishy

I bought my Honda Odyssey van off this guy last year who bought that truck from Ryno.

http://disableddealer.com/item_view.asp?itemid=115692

Comment

NEW CONVERSION IN THE WORKS!!!!
                            Ryno Mobility has worked with a suspension company, between our in house 3D Solid works and the suspension company engineers, we now have an airbag solution for the 1500 2WD Silverado's. With that being said, we are looking into re launching the Airbag Truck. Vehicle will have a lowered driver floor, power doors, Aluminum folding ramp, and all 4 wheel airbag lowering suspension. Edward Pic has already worked out 90% of the wiring integration and remote control system.

We are looking for a client that would like to be the first to have the new body style re launched Airbag truck. Please call for more details as pricing has not been set. We do know that the client will pay for the parts only and the labor will be provided for free.

Call Nicole today to discuss, remember this is in the design stage and some chairs may or may not work. Nicole: 1-800-799-4806

Comment

http://www.rynomobility.com/news.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X