Safety Restraint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Restraint

I need some help in locating a safety restraint belt of sorts for my Grandma. She has Parkinson's and has a very difficult time sitting up in her w/c.
    I was thinking the same restraint they have in a child car seat would work the best.
    I know they have them for pediatric w/c (have seen them before) but are they available in adult sizes and where can I find one?

Thanks,
    Eddie

Nothing? I remember finding something on the net a while back but can't find it now.
    I'm stumped!

Comment

We use the Posey Soft belt for trunk support for a lot of our patients.

Posey also makes a soft Torso Support.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

KLD-

Thank you, we'll measure her for the Torso support.

Eddie

Comment

Nick, when David first was sick with MS he could not sit up at all, they put him in a cloth vest that had strings on it and you tied it to the back of the wheelchair. That way he couldn't untie it himself and fall out. I still have this somewhere if you would be interested you are more than welcome to have it for just shipping costs. I am in Illinois as well so it shouldn't take long at all to get to you. If you are interested just send me PM.

Comment

Nick,

You might also look at BodyPoint

Comment

Working...
            X