No announcement yet.

handcycles-lets see what u got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom Ryder FRH-1, bought Oct. 2006. I have over 6,000 miles on it. I did the Detroit marathon in 2007 (8th/20) and a 25K in Grand Rapids in 2008 (6th/17). The bastards who win those things are about 75 lbs lighter than me and have better equipment, though, so I doubt I'll do any more races. It costs me nothing to leave my house and do 25-30 miles for free. I do the occassional 40+ mile ride for shits and giggles, but, even with an iPod, it's gets boring being on the bike that long. There are some lengthy dirt and grass township trails nearby that I do a lot of riding on now. It's more enjoyable to "mountain handbike" - I don't have to worry about traffic, it's a better workout going up and down hills out on dirt/grass trails than riding on flat roads, and it's cool being out in the woods (about the last place someone would think a paraplegic would be...).

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...6-20-07012.jpg
    Last edited by Rock517; 26 Dec 2009, 10:09 AM.
    6/18/00: T-5 complete

Comment

looking good rock. i9 bet the marathons were a blast
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I did not take the time to take pictures yet. But here is a picture of me before a race. I am the one on the right. You can see the brake installed behind my head. My head is resting on the extension of the brake lever on that picture. I will post better pictures of the brake lever and of the shifter in the next reply.
        Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 31 Dec 2009, 2:07 PM.
        Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

great jg. lets see a few of you side view and the mods. very cool.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
            looking good rock. i9 bet the marathons were a blast
            Thanks, dude!
            6/18/00: T-5 complete

Comment

rock - some big guns for arms in that photobucket picture - nice work!

Comment

handbikes

It looks like great fun and exercise with these handbikes. I am looking into getting one and would like to know what is a fair price for one of these. You guys Arndog and Rocket have some amazing equipment.
                Do you use a regular wheelchair cushion? I appreciate your comments. We have a lot of hills here in Pa. I would need something that would work on various terrain and not just flat areas. A Happy , Blessed New Year to all of you!
                Best Regards,
                Joe Monte

Comment

I see a bunch of people who are complete mid T level guys like me, its really inspiring! I want some guns like Rock! Are there any youtube vids of how to transfer in and out of those bikes, they are really low to the ground.

Thanks,
                  Tom

Comment

This is my Top End Force G.

Adaptive Sports Forums.com
                    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
                    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Youtube, Arm Cycle, transfer video request.

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                      I see a bunch of people who are complete mid T level guys like me, its really inspiring! I want some guns like Rock! Are there any youtube vids of how to transfer in and out of those bikes, they are really low to the ground.

Thanks,
                      Tom
                      Dear Tom,

There are several others here on the posts who can give you pointers as well. I think fuentejps could help you with any questions you might have. Some of the input from other SCI's here on the posts are PRICELESS. Welcome to Care Cure Community.

Comment

My395. Your legrests look like they need to be adjusted longer for better efficiency and less strain on your backside. Most of us ride with the legs just a little bent at the knee. Just a suggestion. Great looking bike.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonusFan View Post
                          Dear Tom,

There are several others here on the posts who can give you pointers as well. I think fuentejps could help you with any questions you might have. Some of the input from other SCI's here on the posts are PRICELESS. Welcome to Care Cure Community.

Thanks much for the video and the welcome. After losing a bunch of weight in the hospital/rehab I am starting to put it back on, and need some way to do some aerobic exercise. These hand cycles look like a fun way to do it.

Tom

Comment

does anyone have a hase kettweisel? id love to see some photos/reviews

Comment

Originally posted by My395 View Post
                              This is my Top End Force G.

awesome bike man. whats difference between force g an reg force
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by JGNI View Post
                                I did not take the time to take pictures yet. But here is a picture of me before a race. I am the one on the right. You can see the brake installed behind my head. My head is resting on the extension of the brake lever on that picture. I will post better pictures of the brake lever and of the shifter in the next reply.
                                Can you transfer back into your day chair independently without tris?

Same question for fuentejps.

I transfered into one when I was still in hospital, but havent tried one since. It's one thing to go down with gravity, but I cannot imagine making it back up considering the height difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X