handcycles-lets see what u got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
    I`ve got front and back leds, i put them on through the day too, i`ve got mirror, and i`m going to make a flash with an old shirt.

..and a helmet like this-

Comment

Of course i`ve got a helmet too, mine is a scott.

Comment

How do you guys transfer from those low bikes back tomyoir chairs????

Comment

Originally posted by Cripply View Post
          How do you guys transfer from those low bikes back tomyoir chairs????
          Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx9nr49CUnY

Comment

Everything is ready for my first race, tomorrow morning i will drive around a hundred milles for go to my first race. It`s just a half marathon, so it`s not going to be very hard. Sure i will enjoy with others handbikes, i will take some thumbtacks with me

Comment

I hope to be ready for my first marathon in three weeks. I did a 26.5 miles ride this morning in 1 hour 40 minutes on my heavy 7-speed XTL (with only 92% internal gear efficiency). I started fading after 20 miles, so hopefully two more weeks of training will improve my endurance.

Comment

One thing about those 7 speeds they will get you in shape, I really built up riding one of those in the Santa Rosa mountains in CA many years ago. When I came back home and got on my 27 speed I was really flying. It was like going from manual steering to power steering in a car, lol.
                "Life is about how you
                respond to not only the
                challenges you're dealt but
                the challenges you seek...If
                you have no goals, no
                mountains to climb, your
                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

In my first race the first thing i learned was that i can`t spend time drinking water with the bottle, specially because almost all the race was uphill.
                  So you have two options, buy a camelbak or just make your own one with a bit of tube, i left a few pics for show it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                    guys lets see pics of your handcycles, some w/ you in it too. and any mods you have done. im in the process of getting one. i'll be dointg marathons w/ mine. just one of my goals om my things to do list. been told for quad mods the top end force, quickie shark and freedom frh1 is best choice...... used a xlt last summer, wasnt best for me, seemed a bit small for my 6'2 frame.
                    talk to me ppl.
                    Don't got a pic, but I use a Quickie Shadow handcycle that attaches to your existing wheelchair. I like this handcycle, because of the fact that i can attach and detach it from my wheelchair, and it will fit in my hall closet when I am not using it.

If i have to replace it, i plan on getting one of those Dragonfly handcycles, because of the same features as the Quickie model I am using now.

Comment

Working...
                    X