No announcement yet.

Going power for recreation etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my X5 in action this morning. After I plowed, my driveway along with my two neighbors, I pulled the girls around the neighborhood. The snow is about 3-4inches of wet heavy snow- I weigh 220ish, my daughters weigh a combined 130ish. My tires are 3 1/2 years old and need replacing, but as you can see the beast still goes.

Get one and HAVE FUN!!!

Dave

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=MVI_0296.flv
    Dave

Comment

thats awsome herco can you show pics of the plow you have for that beast looks like yall are havin fun
      to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

The X-5 has excellent traction with the low pressure knobby tires. However I bet that I wear them out fast also. Grey, foam filled, nylon knobbys would be much better but the tires are not as aggressive. I would have to be cautious pulling any weight simply because of the center of gravity. My X-5 weighs approximately 270 pounds. I weight about 240, so you can see that my chair has a very high center of gravity and could easily be puled off its wheels unless the attachment was made as low as possible. Thats why side hills are dangerous and for me to climb anything relatively steep I need to go up back wards tilting the chair into the pitch.

The web site states that the maximum user weight on the X-5 is 400 lbs but that would be suicide.

The OmegaTrac weighs about 460 lbs so the center of gravity is very low giving the chair excellent stability and enabling me to climb very steep hills and cross reasonable side hills but it's sometimes critical to throughly plan your route.

I recently purchased a used Iridium Satellite phone so at least if something bad happens I can possibly contact help. I have found a few cabins that have been entered illegally and it's nice to call the authorities immediately.

Enjoy the snow, just watch the ice!
        C 5/6 Comp.
        No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

That's pretty cool Herco. I didn't realize they went that fast, and had that much power. Your girls loved it. Can you actually plow your driveway with it? Or did you use something else to plow.
          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
            thats awsome herco can you show pics of the plow you have for that beast looks like yall are havin fun
            I wish I had something cool to show you, wheelin, but its not impressive. I simply use a 27" wide push/plow type shovel and go like hell. LOL The X5 sits inside the 27" track, but most of the time I don't need the snow cleared for it until it gets to be 7-8" deep. Thats just too deep and it high centers. I use a one-stage snowblower for anything up to 12 or so inches and then I call a friend after that!
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
              That's pretty cool Herco. I didn't realize they went that fast, and had that much power. Your girls loved it. Can you actually plow your driveway with it? Or did you use something else to plow.
              It handles great and has impressive power. It was straining today with the wet heavy snow- its usually goes fast enough to throw a kid off the back of the sled in the turns LOL
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Herco16 View Post
                It handles great and has impressive power. It was straining today with the wet heavy snow- its usually goes fast enough to throw a kid off the back of the sled in the turns LOL
                That does it. I'm getting one this summer in preparation for next winter...I should have thought of getting one before this winter, but I'll have to ride this one out. Thanks for linking the video.

Thanks!

Comment

That does it. I'm getting one this summer in preparation for next winter...I should have thought of getting one before this winter, but I'll have to ride this one out. Thanks for linking the video.

It is w/o a doubt the best thing I own that makes me feel "close" to AB. Did you see my previous post on plowing methods, rdf?
                  Dave

Comment

No, but I'd like to look at them if you have a link. Thanks.

Thanks!

Comment

You're too fast for me! lol

I wish I had something cool to show you, wheelin, but its not impressive. I simply use a 27" wide push/plow type shovel and go like hell. LOL The X5 sits inside the 27" track, but most of the time I don't need the snow cleared for it until it gets to be 7-8" deep. Thats just too deep and it high centers. I use a one-stage snowblower for anything up to 12 or so inches and then I call a friend after that!
                      Just edited to add pics in the previous post too
                      Dave

Comment

Thanks for the pic, doesn't look that difficult. I could handle the snowblower. That's all I really need, especially when I stay on top of the snowfall and don't let it build up. Hate to say it, but I can't wait until next winter to try it out! lmao, I'm a masochist.

Thanks!

Comment

It is w/o a doubt the best thing I own that makes me feel "close" to AB. Did you see my previous post on plowing methods, rdf?
                          that much snow, i think i'd have to move south, we get a inch or so once or twice a year, of course the area shuts down, heh heh
                          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Thanks for the pic, doesn't look that difficult. I could handle the snowblower. That's all I really need, especially when I stay on top of the snowfall and don't let it build up. Hate to say it, but I can't wait until next winter to try it out! lmao, I'm a masochist.
                            Its not that difficult at all. When we got 15" last week I simply did it twice. I thought about getting a larger snowblower, but most require two hands.

Have a great time next Winter! lol
                            Dave

Comment

fuckers! posts like these make me wish i have one.

Comment

Same here

I was too going to go power just for recreation part. Wasnt looking for the snow part cuz I have an atv with a plow that I use and love it. I do about 7 driveways and 3 blocks of sidewalks. I get carried away but the kids like riding on the back of it. I recommend an atv for snow removal
                                What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Comment

Working...
                                X