No announcement yet.

What size are the 2 screws that hold the casters in on the tilite wider fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size are the 2 screws that hold the casters in on the tilite wider fork

Im switching my casters out and wanna replace those sorry ass philip head screws tilite uses w/ shcs. Whats the size
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Just call Frogs Legs and ask for the "Wide Axel Kit". They will send you new screws (that have the hex head) as well as 4 spacers, ONE for each side of the caster. This wide axel kit has been a lifesaver for me when I have to take my casters off to get hair out, clean out sand from casters (I frequent the beach), etc. No more dropping tiny spacers that TiLite provides and needing to use needle nose pliers to get the suckers in place.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
      Im switching my casters out and wanna replace those sorry ass philip head screws tilite uses w/ shcs. Whats the size
      M4 x 10mm

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
        M4 x 10mm
        Actually they are 10-32 x 3/8"L

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
          Actually they are 10-32 x 3/8"L
          I think it`s the same, but i use milimeters because that is what we use here.

Comment

its different toto, thread pitch will be different from metric v standard.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

hey toto, word of advice, buy (or get someone else to) a cheap set of american allen keys, because the metric sizes are different - and even though many of the internal measurements are metric, i have to use mine all the time to adjust anything thats meant to be user-accessible (i have a tilite tr)

Comment

I just can say that i changed the casters of a ZR for aluminium softroll last weekend and the bolts of the casters hub was M4 x 10mm, and that ZR was bought only a few months ago.
                I tried with the bolts of the pic(they have that measurement) and they fit perfect, you only need a different head, like this one http://www.tastynuts.com/Products/Bolts_Dome_Head

Comment

I thought the thread pitch was the same, regardless of head size or screw length. I'd been taught that metric or standard only describe the tool interface, not the thread pattern or the length (3/8" = ~9.6mm, btw). IIRC, the "M" in the "M4" denotes machine thread which I always thought was the same with either metric or standard hex heads.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                    I thought the thread pitch was the same, regardless of head size or screw length. I'd been taught that metric or standard only describe the tool interface, not the thread pattern or the length (3/8" = ~9.6mm, btw). IIRC, the "M" in the "M4" denotes machine thread which I always thought was the same with either metric or standard hex heads.
                    Metric and "standard" thread pitches are indeed different. I found posts 3-6 in this thread in this other forum helpful in understanding the differences.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89805

Comment

i thought so, why would there be a standard and metric if they werent different
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                        The M4 is the diameter of the bolt, 4mm

Comment

i actually think its kind of funny that what we call 'imperial' measurements, americans call 'standard' - its not much of a standard when youre pretty much the only guys left to use them... i remember being in cuba on vacation a few years back, and the hotel had one of those pools that gets very shallow towards the edges, and it was labelled '3mm' - a guy working there told me there had been several problems with tipsy americans trying to dive in.

maybe its not so funny, but its exam time, and im allowed get my jollies where i can.

Comment

What is the length of this piece?
                            It`s for see if i can replace it for an aluminium or titanium bolt because it`s the heaviest bolt of the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                              Metric and "standard" thread pitches are indeed different. I found posts 3-6 in this thread in this other forum helpful in understanding the differences.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89805
                              Ahh, yes, I see.
                              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Working...
                              X