Received new TiLite TR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received new TiLite TR

I have finally recieved my new chair. Let me note that in the picture below I am not done adjusting the chair, the back angle is back a bit too far, I will probably bring the foot plate up just a bit and the COG needs to go back. I moved the COG once but I need to get the back set before messing with COG anymore. (The COG is 2.5" in the picture.) I did move the casters to the bottom hole for a little more ground clearence, I am very close.

I spent the day in it yeasterday and today I am back in my old chair because I need my lockdown for driving and wow, no wonder I have had arm issues! I knew my old chair was a tank and I would benefit from a new chair, but I really think the is something wrong with my old chair, it just doesn't move in comparison.

I ordered Push Blacks to try and went to have them installed Saturday, but I was sent the wrong set. So that'll have to wait.

SCI_OTR has mentioned before a slight complaint that TiLite will do things without notifying the customer first; I ordered 1" Rear Wheel Spacing and it came with 1 1/4", due to the arm rests; I am fine with it, but contact would have been nice.

I need to thank all on these forums for all the help, it has been invaluable; I post these pictures not only to share but for the possibility that it may help others as I have been helped.

Tiite TR
    · 17 wide by 17 deep with 16” upholstery
    · 19.5” front stf
    · 16” rear stf
    · 17.5” – 20.5” adjustable back (set at 18” in picture)
    · 2” taper in front
    · 80 degree front
    · 24” Spinergy’s
    · 4” casters on Frog Leg forks (I plan to get Frog Leg alum casters)

Old chair - note: the front angle is 60 degrees, but I am sure it measures more because I lowered the rear seat height, which causes the front to kick out too.

Demo chair - note: it is a 80 degree front, but 6" casters were added to get the front height up, so it actually measures slight over 70 degrees.

CAD
    Last edited by Brianm; 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Looks good!

Comment

Congrats dude. Yeah you look a little too laid back. Other than that, it looks like a good fit.
      "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

You're lookin' good, Brian! Congrats! Looks like a great fit. Smart thing, waiting to adjust the back before more CoG tweaks. With the back adjusted up you may not need to move CoG back. I only mention this because overall wheelbase has a significant impact on the chair's agility. Moving back will lengthen and may slow it down a bit. Have fun dialing it in perfect for you! Again, looks great, I'm glad you got what you wanted and need!
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thanks all.

I'd love to keep the COG more forward as is because, as you say Dale, it keeps the wheelbase shorter and I like where my arms fall in line, but it is so tippy right now that I can hardly move without going back on the tip tubes. That said, obviously bringing my back more forward will help, some.

Comment

nice ride, now dont wait another 10yrs for your next new one. i still dont get those ugly ass arm rests
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Here are a couple pictures of the chair itself...

Comment

Congrats Briann, now you are sitting in good stuff, that`s perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                  Congrats Briann, now you are sitting in good stuff, that`s perfect.
                  Amen Toto...I wish I would have gotten those fendered side guards you suggested though.

Comment

tighten that seat sling, its really sagging, u may bottom out on the bar
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Great. So very nice to have a wonderful new chair, especially after so long.

I am going to be very interested to know how the pushblax compare to your projection hand rims. I am going to wait to order my chair to see what you think.
                      C 5/6 Comp.
                      No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by forestranger52 View Post
                        Great. So very nice to have a wonderful new chair, especially after so long.

I am going to be very interested to know how the pushblax compare to your projection hand rims. I am going to wait to order my chair to see what you think.
                        Thanks Ranger. I will post when I get them. I knew I didn't like these projections because the diameter was stupid small, but it causes another issue I wasn't expecting that I don' like, but too hard to explain; I can get around fine with them though.

Comment

Wow, Brianm, looks good! I'm SO glad you've gotten it! I guess I missed you actually ordering it. You're going to love having your feet closer in. Like me, you obsessed over this thing, trying to get it right. Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks Lynne. I do like my feet closer, a lot. Looking at the picture of me in my old chair looks hideous! I just had my wife, my lovely wife, make some adjustments and and got in it for the first time today, it is such a difference! Obsessing might be putting it midly.

Comment

Nice chair dude!

Nice home too.

Comment

Working...
                              X