Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lift for working 7" above floor--anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift for working 7" above floor--anyone have one?

I'm trying to get a room ready for sheetrock but need to do some work at the top plate--its at the 96" level. I've been looking of some small lift I could transfer onto and then raise to that height.

I've looked for some small scissors lifts but no luck yet. Man it sucks being paralyzed...
    EM

I built a ramp and platform to drive a powerchair up.
    I'm taking a risk using it, though.
    I did some of the high work when renovating my kitchen.
    I'll try to get a picture of it.
    Rich

Comment

Rich

Comment

Rich,

How many school buses can you clear off that ramp if they're parked side by side?

Comment

7" (inches) from the floor or 7' (feet)???? Big difference!

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
            Rich,

How many school buses can you clear off that ramp if they're parked side by side?
            If I get a rocket engine, I might clear a few buses.
            Rich

Comment

What about lifts used for working on motorcycles and small garden tractors? Look in Harbor Freight or Northern Tool for an idea.
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Most of those scissor lifts have guardrails that fold down, or are removable for easier access through the dorways. Be carefull though. I know people that were saved from being crushed against the ceiling by the guardrails. One hit a beam with his head, and the other had a heart attack, and passed out on the controls. The newer ones have a double safety, but you should be careful anyway.
                You should visit a rental place and take your measurements there.
                _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
                Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                  7" (inches) from the floor or 7' (feet)???? Big difference!

(KLD)
                  I'm betting 7 feet. He probably wants to work laying on his back.
                  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
                  Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

After posting I did some more searching and this site has some lifts that would probably work, but my wife said she would get on the ladder and do what I needed.

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...-861-1310-1061

But eventually I'll have to make me something. I built my house, from the setting the foundation, to all framing, plumbing and electrical, so it's hard for to let someone else do the work--besides 8 1/2 years ago all those medical folks said don't worry you can do anything you want it'll just take a little longer...

Oh, and it is 7 feet, hell 7 inches and I'd be on my belly...
                    EM

Comment

em,
                      I know what you mean about it being hard to let someone else do the work.
                      I looked online, months ago, for scissors jacks but they were expensive.
                      The ramp and platform have worked pretty well.
                      I'm figuring out what's worth doing myself and what isn't.
                      Rich

Comment

Working...
                      X