Quantum PowerChairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantum PowerChairs

It has become necessary for me to get a chair with tilt and adjustable leg rests.

My DME provider is bringing out a Quantum chair tomorrow for me to try. The Quantum was not the original plan, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

My problem is that I know nothing about Quantum...its reputation, etc.

Any thoughts, advice, experiences you'd like to share on the quality, reliability, etc. of this chair would be greatly appreciated.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Hi Danine,

You might want to go look around on forums at WheelchairJunkie.
    Mark Smith, the guy who runs it works for Pride Mobility, who makes
    the Quantum brand of chairs.

Comment

Hi...just bumping this up...hoping to get some more replies...thanks.

Comment

Hi Danine,
        I have a Quantum 6000 with tilt feature and love it! I have had it for a few years now and have had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Danine View Post
          It has become necessary for me to get a chair with tilt and adjustable leg rests.

My DME provider is bringing out a Quantum chair tomorrow for me to try. The Quantum was not the original plan, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

My problem is that I know nothing about Quantum...its reputation, etc.

Any thoughts, advice, experiences you'd like to share on the quality, reliability, etc. of this chair would be greatly appreciated.
          I am a manual chair user but a friend is currently kicking herself because she has tilt but did not get power, elevating leg rests. If you encounter any problems with foot swelling this is really helpful, you may want to push for this. If I ever need a power chair I plan to get one with power seat to raise and lower to facilitate transfers. Hope you get all you need.

Comment

Good luck! I'm supposed to be getting a hover-round scooter chair in a week or two - the maual chair is getting to be hard on my shoulders - guess I need to exercise more. Right now, I don't have too much trouble with leg/feet swelling, other than what's caused by meds, so this should hold me a while It has to, since I can't get anything else for a long while!

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

The DME guy came out today. It was a nightmare and I didn't even let him leave the chair he brought for me to try for a week because there were so many ways in which the chair did not work for me. The good thing that came from the visit, however, is that I think I FINALLY got somebody to listen to me regarding what I need and why.

I currently have an Invacare TDX and I like it, except that it lacks a lot of features I need, such as tilt and power legs. I'm gonna try to just get another TDX with the additional features that I need. Please wish me luck!

Comment

What didn't you like?

Comment

Stick with the TDX.
                  Invacare chairs are a better quality chair by far.
                  C 5/6 Comp.
                  No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                    What didn't you like?
                    The leg rests were a bit too long for me. It did not have the power that my Invacare has. It was wider than my Invacare as well which made it difficult to get through my front door and into/out of my van. It also took up more space inside my van than my Invacare does. Also, it sat higher...I had to duck my head to get into my van. And the back was different (straight rather than curved) and it hit me at an uncomfortable level.

Comment

Originally posted by Danine View Post
                      The leg rests were a bit too long for me. It did not have the power that my Invacare has. It was wider than my Invacare as well which made it difficult to get through my front door and into/out of my van. It also took up more space inside my van than my Invacare does. Also, it sat higher...I had to duck my head to get into my van. And the back was different (straight rather than curved) and it hit me at an uncomfortable level.
                      Sounds like it is not the model for you. I have regular footrests on mine that tilt upward at the same time the seat and back tilt, and it is the heel loops that hold my feet in place. The one thing it took me awhile to get use to was having six wheels instead of four, which makes it longer, but necessary for balance when it is in the tilt position. Good luck finding the right chair. There are so many choices out there these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                        Sounds like it is not the model for you. I have regular footrests on mine that tilt upward at the same time the seat and back tilt, and it is the heel loops that hold my feet in place. The one thing it took me awhile to get use to was having six wheels instead of four, which makes it longer, but necessary for balance when it is in the tilt position. Good luck finding the right chair. There are so many choices out there these days!
                        Thanks Eileen...and I'm glad that your Quantum works well for you.

Comment

I'm in the process of getting a new wheelchair also, and I know exactly what you mean concering the Quantum 6000. DME brought a 6000Z for me to try and I couldn't get it through my bedroom door. It's too damn long. I tried the Invacrap Torque and hated the cheap feel of that one. After testing, I'm now getting the Permobil C350 RWD, with tilt, recline, power leg rests and elevating seat. Tried the C300 first, couldn't deal with the FWD.
                          C5/C6 - 10-28-1983

"Think, it aint illegal yet!" - George Clinton

Comment

Just An Update:

I am getting another Invacare and I feel good about this. This one will have the extra features I need. It should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll try to remember to update this thread to let folks know how I like it.

Comment

Danine, glad you are getting a chair you feel comfortable with. Comfort is what it is all about, everything else is pretty secondary.

Comment

Working...
                              X