Adequate Cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adequate Cushion

Guys, I have had a Roho Quadtro Select Low Profile for 6 years. Then, had to buy another one with which I had no luck...didn´t last 6 months.
    i d like to have indications of a good one which may have good protection for pressure sores, provides good stability and don´t "fold" during transfer and, mainly, that has not inflation system.
    I was wondering if this one is good stuff.

http://www.sportaid.com/xcart/jay-xt...r-cushion.html

Could you help? I have a friend who is going to the USA next Sunday and can bring it to me, so I must read your indications as soon as possible, ok?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by omeleteman; 09-01-2009, 08:42 PM.

Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place. If it fits better in equipment topics, please, someone move it.

Comment

You should probably do what you can to get a eating evaluation. They put you on a pressure mapping mad which tell them where you have high-pressure spots. Most of the time you can do this somewhere where they have a lot of different cushions so you can try a bunch of different kind to determine which one will work best for you.For me, the Roho is perfect and nothing else works well because I've had so much surgery on my bottom. Usually it's a physical therapist that does it. Good luck getting it done.
      C-5/6, 7-9-2000
      Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

my pt kept pushing jay but i'm 6 foot and 120 pounds so i bottom out everything i switched to roho quadtro first one lasted a year and a half then the left back went flat order another it only lasted 9 months when the right back went flat. so i'm never getting a roho again! i just order a otto bock comforT. it's going to be here thursday. i'll let you know how it does.
        Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Comment

omeleteman,

There is a relatively new type of air cushion that
          ... provides good stability and don´t "fold" during transfer ...
          and, according to the manufacturer, compares favorably with a Roho.
          Do a Google search for
          "Vicair Adjuster Air"
          for information about one alternative.

The Jay cushion that you have referenced should - generally - provide equal or better
          ... protection for pressure sores ...
          when compared to the
          ... Roho Quadtro Select Low Profile ...
          that you used for six years. This comparison is based upon the condition that both cushions (the Roho and Jay cushions that you have referenced) maintain their associated optimal characteristics for your particular physique, and that you use them identically (e.g., the same number of hours per day, the same "boosting" or pressure-relieving schedule and technique, etc.).

Comment

I tried Roho, Jay and Supracor.
            My favorite is Supracor, i`ve got a Stimulite sport.

Comment

Si eres un ilegales, a continuación, ningún problema, pero si usted vive en América la sit en periódico con una porquería Toro - que es lo que llamo shit sobre shit:

Comment

Originally posted by Hunker View Post
                Si eres un ilegales, a continuación, ningún problema, pero si usted vive en América la sit en periódico con una porquería Toro - que es lo que llamo shit sobre shit:

Hunker, i live in Spain and i`m spaniard and don`t use more the google translator because that what you said don`t make sense, i don`t understand that.
                If you want to tell something in spanish tell me it in english and it will be better.

Comment

Unfortunately, here in Brazil we haven't got these kind of tests to check points of pressure.
                  We barely have access to good products. That´s why I' m asking for your help because, as I wrote, I got a friend who is going to the USA next Sunday, so that he can bring it to me.
                  I´ll check those that some of you indicated but I realy would like to have a non inflation system one cause my last Roho leaked very easily.
                  Hugs.

Comment

I've used a Jay 2 cushion for 23 years, with no problems. My current cushion is probably close to 7 or 8 years old, and still holding up well.

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

totoL1, is that cushion you indicated durable? Is it good compared to the jay medical Xtreme? I read about it. I am no athlete and I´m a heavy and tall guy. I liked that because the price is attractive and it looks like not being exposed to leaking fluid or air....maybe

Comment

rdf, I cant see much difference between the Jay 2 and Xtreme. They look more or less the same to me. But thins is an excellent point that you have been using it for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by omeleteman View Post
                          totoL1, is that cushion you indicated durable? Is it good compared to the jay medical Xtreme? I read about it. I am no athlete and I´m a heavy and tall guy. I liked that because the price is attractive and it looks like not being exposed to leaking fluid or air....maybe

This is the first time i`ve got this kind of cushion, and i have it for about 2 months ago, so i can`t tell you how durable is, but i was speaking with guys who have got Supracor and they told that they are durable too.

I like it more than Jay XTreme, the Jay weight about the double and i`ve got the same problem with the Roho and the Jay, to much hot in summer here and my bum was alwasy sweating.

So if you live in Brazil, there`s a lot of hot and humidity too and i think that your better option is Supracor, but if you say that you are a heavy guy i don`t think that the Stimulite sport is your better option.
                          I weight 75 kilos and for me is perfect.
                          Here you can see more of this kind of cushions
                          http://www.sportaid.com/xcart/cushio...cks/stimulite/
                          Maybe the Stimulite Classic is a good option for you.
                          I just can tell you that i have tried air, gel and Supracor and now i know that supracor are going to be my cushions for the rest.

I make a report of this cushion here http://www.adaptado.es/content/view/147/32/
                          it`s in Spanish but try to translate it, when the cushions are new they are a bit hard, but in a about a week they come softer.

Comment

You're not going to be able to determine what cushion works best for youunless you have someone who knows what they're doing either pressure mapping you with a bunch of different cushionsor feeling underneath making sure it's not too hard or too soft while you're sitting on it. Some Christians may not cause any problems at first but eventually you'll start noticing spots because they were never fit right. That's the only way you're going to get the perfect cushion for you.
                            C-5/6, 7-9-2000
                            Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have no access to these kinds of tests here. So, I better risk buying one of these good ones, instead of using the simple one I have been using since my Roho teared, right?
                              I may not find the perfect one but knowing others experience with cushions around here can help me deciding. I have to order it tomorrow. I am trying to decide between Jay 2 and Supracor. I weight sth around 100 kgs. rdf, this Jay 2 is good for heavy guys and does it get too hot in summer? I used Roho Quadtro Select and never had problems with butt heat or sweating.

Comment

Working...
                              X