torso restraints for driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know of a good and easy torso restraint for driving to put on, I'm a C 5-6 quad looking to buy one or find a good alternative. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    HR
    Last edited by HR; 25 Aug 2009, 2:20 PM.

I would like to know also.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

If you buy one of these you get the torso restraint and the head restraint for FREE. I'm Billy Mays so just pick up the phone and order yours today. I know this is only a 2004 but heck free restraints.

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

Me three!

I am reaaly curious though, would a restraint attach to the wheelchair or just to the seat belt restraint? Are we talking velcro or a wearable harness. I am hoping to drive from my chair. Would love any input.

Peggy C5-6 break, incomplete

Comment

Hi,

Bodypoint has some really nice stuff, you might want to check them out.

Comment

This is one I use.

http://www.imec-online.com/torso_support_belts.htm

I also put a lock on the seat belt so it can only come out so far. That way when I break I can lean against it.

Comment

I use a Gran-Mar torso support. It's almost exactly like the one jamie mentioned.

Comment

jamie-mx,
                Thanks you, I called and talked to them and this fits my needs.
                http://www.imec-online.com/torso_support_belts.htm
                I'll be ordering one, And thanks for all the replys, Care Cure is a great site.

Thanks Again,
                HR

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                  Anybody know of a good and easy torso restraint for driving to put on, I'm a C 5-6 quad looking to buy one or find a good alternative. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
                  HR

I'm a C5/C6 Quad. I bought a Bodypoint Designs upper torso belt and had my DME mod it with a airline seatbelt buckle, which is easy to open but stronger than velcro. And they replaced the Bodypoint straps with automotive grade belts but kept the padded shoulder portions of the Bodypoint system. It works well for me.

http://www.bodypoint.com/store/product931.html
                  C5/C6 - 10-28-1983

"Think, it aint illegal yet!" - George Clinton

Comment

Bodypoint

Zardoz,
                    How hard is it to put on and take off by yourself? And you drive using this? Could you send me a photo of it so I can make sure of how you modied it please?

Thanks,
                    HR

Comment

HR Here Are The Pics

Originally posted by HR View Post
                      Zardoz,
                      How hard is it to put on and take off by yourself? And you drive using this? Could you send me a photo of it so I can make sure of how you modied it please?

Thanks,
                      HR
                      Keep in mind that there is a lot of trial and error involved here, so expect to make a few tweaks to yours to fit your abilities. I will be getting a new set modded once my new Permobil C350 is ready. The wheelchair in the pic is a Quickie S-525. If you can drive, putting these things on or taking them off should be easy. BTW, what type of setup do you have in your van?

C5/C6 - 10-28-1983

"Think, it aint illegal yet!" - George Clinton

Comment

Working...
                      X