Pics of my new chair; Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of my new chair; Eclipse

Finally after 1.5 year of struggle #$@%^$$%^ I got my new chair Colours Eclipse. This is my second Eclipse. I liked the first one very much, no quality or service complaints. I thought about TiLite, but I would not be able to afford it. Maybe..... next time.
    Now, the chair. Colours has changed a little bit the orginal frame, it is now more adjustable. The frame should be the same like my first one. I was suprised after I got it that it is actually 1" longer. And...... it is great. It is much more comfortable. I think the adjustable frame needs to be slightly longer. I did asked for a little changes: the angle of the seat is larger, I got 26" wheels instead of 24". The backrest is lower, 8". The cushion is Stimulite Honeycomb by Supracor. Front casters, 3.5", are not Colours product, they are custom made. I have two camber settings: 3 and 7 degrees.
    As per quality... I do not see any difference between old and new chair. The new owner kept the same people including brother of orginal owner, John Box, who is in charge of welding.
    As I said, this chair is much more comfortable for me. I did not like the previous angle of the seat, it was to steep for me.
    Last edited by foton; 21 Aug 2009, 9:55 AM.

Changed image size
    Last edited by foton; 20 Aug 2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the double pick. I do not know how did it happen

Comment

I have problems with posting pics...

Comment

Side...
          Last edited by foton; 2 Apr 2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Front

Comment

Bottom of the frame. Second crossbar is added underneath of the seat.

Comment

Top view:

Comment

Front:

Comment

Rear:

Comment

This is camber plate. You can also see change to the frame: more adjustment options

Comment

It is hard to believe it took so long to get the chair. But, it does not look like insurance companies want to give up.
                        For right now I am very happy with it. With additional bracing should be much better for a longer run.

Comment

Those are very nice. I am looking to get my son, a new one. I have been looking @ their online catalog. I like to get something super light.
                          My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

awesome ride. im a die hard colours guy, i was sorry to hear john box sold, he was/is a great man w/ killer vision. ive had no less than 10 eclipses over the years.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I like Colours too. From what I see, Colours did not lower their quality after the merge. I have looked at welding joints and paint job without noticing any flaws. Improving the frame is a good sign too. They do care about product.
                              They were bought by Japanese not Chinese company, what would make me worry.
                              The help desk is great and technical department is the same like during the old days.
                              This chair is not the lightest, but it is comparable to the weight of TiLite ZRA, which I have seen at dealership. The ZRA was set for the guy of similar height and weight. So, it is not bad.
                              It would be nice to see Colours going to titanium frames, but I do not think it is going to happen. They do have a point why aluminum maybe better during production process. Titanium is expensive and difficult material to work with. The high grade aluminum is an excellent material for frames too.
                              It looks like at this point TiLite is hard to beat. I would like to try and probably, if my insurance will cooperate, the next one will be ZR.

Comment

Working...
                              X