Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the wheelchair shampoo tray from Amazon that KLD recomends. $35.00

For the hose that connects to the faucet,

RINSE ACE Deluxe Sink Baby Washer. Buy from RINSE ACE and buy the aerator & quick connect set from Replacement parts. $29.00

Will not blow off and soak the bathroom like the cheap rubber hose.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
      Thanks for the link. California is much closer than Australia.

Did you say this does not work with your motorized chair? (MC)
      The power chair had tilt so it worked great. The manual chair has to be tilted back resting on the anti-tips so I don't like that too well. Plus this requires someone to help, I need to wash my head by myself. I am looking for the right sink/faucet set up.
      Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
      Pete C6/'97

Comment

Originally posted by forestranger52 View Post
        For the hose that connects to the faucet,

RINSE ACE Deluxe Sink Baby Washer. Buy from RINSE ACE and buy the aerator & quick connect set from Replacement parts. $29.00

Will not blow off and soak the bathroom like the cheap rubber hose.
        I love Rinse Ace stuff. I have one in the shower so I can bathe my service dog without bending over. Very good quality.
        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

ok that is the coolest thing ever. XD I have a mediport thats almost always accessed, and so I can't get it wet obviously. I've got a good hair washing routine down but its tiring for me. I'd never dishout the dough for that thing but still, very cool.

I wash my hair every 2-3 days

Comment

It was i who started that thread, and yes, it was the Active Forever thing I had. It was not as great as I'd hoped – using its was a real hassle. It was hard to keep the water contained, and it was ponderous and unwieldy. I find being transferred into the shower and strapped in just easier. If that's not feasible, I would suggest the blowup air basin that you why your head in in the bed, with a bag dispensing water hanging above and to the drinking coming from it. I found that works very well, but I have a trapeze over my bed that holds the dispenser bag easily. The key thing with that is keeping the drainage hose running freely and into a big enough receptacle. If that's not one of KLD's, I will find a link tomorrow.
            -------------------------------------------
            Sorry, I put this here in error – meant it to go in the more recent thread. But it is KLD's third one to to which I was referring. I tried both the first two and neither worked well for me, kept me dry enough.
            Last edited by Random; 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X