TiLite Titanium Flip-Back footrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TiLite Titanium Flip-Back footrest

Here is a new footrest option from TiLite...

There are a few restrictions, see order form.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I like it, but one of the restrictions is V-front end. I don't see how the V-front would interfere with it tho.
    pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

After looking at the photos again...isn't that chair a V-front?
      pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Originally posted by pattherat View Post
        After looking at the photos again...isn't that chair a V-front?
        It is hard to tell, but looks as if it could be.

I really like this option as I believe it would be useful, for me, for transfers, which was their intent for this.

Comment

Not sure I'm following, what is the intended benefit for xfers?
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

well it depends on the person...i mostly transfer with my feet on the ground and pivot with weight on my legs to prevent endos and twisting my ankles in the footrest. flipping up the footrest will get me closer to the chair.
            pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

For me, if I do not take my feet off the footrests, the front of the chair push out on me, so I must take my feet of the footrests.

Comment

that's quite nice. very simple. it may also help people who can stand out of their chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                  Not sure I'm following, what is the intended benefit for xfers?
                  yah, i dont see it, my feet would get tangled up in there big time. i ujust put my feet on the ground in frt of the footrest.
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com
                  c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                  sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                    that's quite nice. very simple. it may also help people who can stand out of their chairs.
                    I agree. I use an adapted Tilite footrest on my TDX5 and it works great except I have to take the legrests off to transfer. If I had this, I could just flip up the platform and be good to go.

Comment

Huh. Very interesting. I think this would help me a lot for transfers...I'd like to try it out though.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the pix Brian....it is very helpful.

Comment

Glad they were helpful. Just be sure to note the bar runs around the back of the footplate, at the footplates lowest point, as the footplate generally runs slightly angled, so leave yourself enough ground clearence.

It has worked great thus far for me for transfers; I simply slide down far enough to get my feet in front of the foot plate, then pull on my leg causing my shoe to catch the plate and it folds up. (I do swing one leg over the leg bar and out of the way while doing this.)

Comment

I am considering the flip-back footrest. The idea is to get the footrest out of the way to get closer to the cushion when transferring. Doing so should reduce transfer distance which should help to reduce stress on the shoulders. At least that is the idea. Two potential problems I see are: 1) the front vertical bars of the wheelchair may be in the way when transferring out of the wheelchair, and 2) a knee may get stuck in the front bar bend when transferring into the wheelchair. Any updates to this post which started a long time ago?

Comment

Here are the pictures no longer showing...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X