No announcement yet.

ZR just arrive from Sportaid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long did it take you from odering to getting the tilite at home?
    since iam going to visit florida next year its maby possible to oder a tlite at sportaid and pick it up there if its possible

Comment

Wheelboy,
      You could order your TiLite from SportAid and then have it delivered right to the hotel in Florida. I don't know that SportAid actually receives the chair from TiLite before it is sent to the end user. I think that SportAid tells TiLite where to ship the chair and it goes directly to the end user. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
      Mandy
      ~Mandy~
      SCI as a result of spinal surgery
      TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelboy View Post
        how long did it take you from odering to getting the tilite at home?
        since iam going to visit florida next year its maby possible to oder a tlite at sportaid and pick it up there if its possible
        The chair arrive to my friends house in Spain after 4 weeks after the order

Comment

A zr i generally a 10 day chair, per tilite.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

thanks for telling me when i come over to fla i call sportaid 6 weeks before i depart most of the time iam 2 weeks in fla that gives me a window of eight weeks .the only thing is that i have to inform the appartments complex that they are delivering a wheelchair for me think thats no problem if been there before .

Comment

also i thougt staying a day ore so in atlanta pick it up in loganville but i saw that it is just a post office .

But since its still a long time that iam going to fla ill will mail them for the possibilitys by the time i know exact when iam going to visit fla .

i think if its possible it saves me a lot since i dont have to pay s&h to the netherlands plus no taxes.
              that will even make it more intresting picking it up myselve if possible

Comment

what is your taxes?
                Ship the chair is not much expensive, $300 to Spain, to netherland it would not be much more.

Comment

we pay 6 %tax on a wheelchair .no i think the s&h would be the same since its both europe .
                  But since iam than in the us (florida )it saves me 6% tax and the s&h if you look at it its 300 and say 200 thats 500 dollars (about 350 euros) that i can save by making a call.

And iam still at war over a wheelchair for my work but my employers insurance doesnt want to give me one .Now i have a lawer working on it .Also got help from my boss and fysiotherapist .So neet to wait till thats behind .This can take up to 4 monts .and if i have o go to cort it can take even longer .But than i have another way to get one .Here you get a buget of 2314 euros every 3 years for a sporting wheelchair .Thats one you have to buy yourselve from that money and do all maitenance for 3 years .my budget is deu in june 2010 and iam going to fla in sept .So thats why iam thinking doing it that way .

Since my aunt is going to bring spinergy lx wheels with flexrims next nov with her when she comes to the netherlands if everything goes wrong with my employers insurance .iam going to order a tlite with standard wheels .the way i put it togheter at sportaid it will be around 3600 dollars with s&h and tax around 4000 dollar so the 2314 euros wil be when the exchange rates doesnt change much will be short of about 500 euros .

lol than i deduct the whole from my yearly tax than it would cost me nothing .here if u buy something for your handycap you can deduct it from your incometax also (42%) in 3 years .

But 4 now i have to wait and see what the employers insurance does .
                  Last edited by wheelboy; 9 Aug 2009, 3:00 AM.

Comment

We can`t do that in Spain, the insurance give me a prescription for a wheelchair every two years, but i have to go with the prescription to a orthopedic for the chair, i give them the prescription and after the insurance give to the orthopedic the money.
                    So if i want a expensive chair like a tilite,quickie, kurshall,rgk, colours,etc. a have to pay it from my pocket, or buy it throught the orthopedic and give them the prescription and the rest of the money, because the prescription uses only 700 euros.
                    It`s something that i don`t understand because they pay every year me 1400 for a kafo, 175 for afo and 375 for cushions, so i don`t know why they pay only for basic manual chairs for paras, so if i`ve got the best in kafos, why only the basic in wheelchais?
                    Only if your company works with private insurance will pay titanium chairs, but the goberment insurence pay basic manual chairs(700) for paras and basic electric chairs(3000) for quads.
                    Last edited by totoL1; 9 Aug 2009, 8:14 AM.

Comment

sort of stupid thing whe have here also .when i get a wc from my town .i can make a choice a get one from them thats with maintnance .ore get payed in money .the only thing they do than is look what the wheelchair you got from them would cost them .But since i live in a town with about 215000 inhabitans they may order 1000 chairs in a year they get a rebate ,thats the money you get also you get that once every 5 years .
                      to give u an idea my kuschall wil cost around 2400 euros the way i have it .they buy them for 1600 euros thats the amount i would get from them plus money for maitnance .
                      i play wc basketball every week i get 2314 euros every 3 year to buy a new sports wheelchair .

what i would let you see is that a chair were i sit in 7 days a week 16 hrs a day i get once in 5 years about the same amount as a sportswheelchair were i would sit in 3 hrs a week maby .thats why i if everything goes wrong with my employer insurance .i transfer(is illegal) the sportschair money to my adl chair .

btw you can also choose for getting a chair in nature than the town disides whats the cheapest best solution 4 u thats the other way but the chance is big that you dont get the chair you want . thats why the have 2 options for u .

btw toto .when i read your message here you better not be handycapped and poor in spain .than you have 2 problems .no money and a bad heavy old fashioned wheelchair .
                      here if you dont have money you ou dont get the best (depends on witch town you live they get a budget for wheelchairs and some other stuff)but a good middelclass chair is the least you get .for me its a kuschall k4 airlite .and in my eyes not the worst one to ride in

Comment

Originally posted by wheelboy View Post

.i transfer(is illegal) the sportschair money to my adl chair .

btw toto .when i read your message here you better not be handycapped and poor in spain .than you have 2 problems .no money and a bad heavy old fashioned wheelchair .
                        I`m not really poor, only a bit

I`ve got a Quickie GTX, that i buy it from my pocket 2.5 years ago for 2800 euros with extras.

If you don`t have money in Spain the problem is going to be that you are going to be always in a bad heavy chair, but not old because they will give you a new every 2 years.

Comment

whahah lol .arnt we all a littelbit poor lol .
                          i was lucky i worked 11 years for the dutch raiways .as an engeneer .now iam at the office i got a new job when i was better and ready to work.the only thing now is that i have a wrong chair for a desk job because of the camber and its very low and sits backwards .so when i use my pc behind my desk i have to bend over alot .that gives me shoulder back and neck pain .also because of the wideness i cant go everywere in my office sometimes the put me in a normal desk chair and push me inside an office because i cant get in the office .now iam at war with my employers inshurance .they think every wheelchair is the same .with otherwords we dont give you one because you have a wheelchair .i told them that he could sit on a kitchenchair behind his desk also .lol the guy didnt like that . so i gave everyting to a lawer let them fight it out .doesnt cost me anything iam insured for that also .so now its waiting .

it can take up to 13 weeks before i get a hearing togheter with my lawer at the employers insurance .that means end sept begin okt .than fitting a chair than the have to give green light (ore i get money from them and buy one myselve) the firm orders it and than its newyear i tink .

Comment

This afternoon we solve the problem with the sideguards, i open new holes for put them back and cut them for can fold the backrest with them on.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                              This afternoon we solve the problem with the sideguards, i open new holes for put them back and cut them for can fold the backrest with them on.
                              I like the look of those modified sideguards.
                              Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

I like them too more now, when i traid my friends chair, i don`t like them because when they was removable they make some noices in outdoors because the vibrations, now the screws are tight and the sideguards are fixed and they don`t make any noices now, i would do the same in mines if tilite don`t make mines like Stefano`s sideguards.

Comment

Working...
                                X