• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garyis View Post
    "Repeat, my insurance paid out $5868.04 for my TiLite ZR"

Okay, but what does this mean?

"United Seating and Mobility writes off $4262.36."

Who gets this $4262.36? How does this ʻwrite offʻ work.

Iʻve never dealt in this type of transaction, which is why I donʻt understand.

Comment

don't any of you get 'Explanation Of Benefits' documents from your ins provider? they show what was billed, what is allowed, what they paid and what you're responsible.

they can charge anything they want, but they're under contract as a provider to accept an already-agreed-upon rate.

when i got my powerchair, they billed over $24k!! they only got just over $10k. same deal with my tilite tra + emotions right outta rehab.

is it not normal to get the EOB's?

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post

awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
          Much laughter!

This little skit says it all as far as I am concerned. I still donʻt know what a write off is. I really would like to know so I checked Wikipedia: Accounting

In business accounting, the term write-off is used to refer to an investment (such as a purchase of salable goods) for which a return on the investment is now impossible or unlikely. The item's potential return is thus canceled and removed from ("written off") the business's balance sheet. Common write-offs in retail include spoiled and damaged goods. (?)
          Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

There is NO way the DME laid out cash he didn't see back. NO WAY. I worked in the insurance biz (public sector, though, a different animal) and I can't imagine a payer/provider contract in this scenario being anything but a percentage of total agreement. That's the only thing that would explain the silly foolish up charges for items on the invoice and the uniqueness of the payout amount. Hard to believe an insurance co. would sign a contract to pay $5,868.04 for any ultra light wheelchair. It's possible, but really seems unlikely. Capitation, % of Total and Fee For Service are the only styles of provider contracts I've ever seen. That's a strange Fee, and Capitation makes no sense for a DME (the ins. co. pays the provider a monthly fee regardless of utilization).

Glad to know so much of that price was B.S...or...does anyone believe either the DME or TiLite lost money on this deal?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
              Talking about cost for a manual 'chair. I recently got my Tilite ZR and its total cost came to $10,130.40!
              Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post

Repeat, my insurance paid out $5868.04 for my TiLite ZR.
              I guess I got confused by the title of this thread: "$10,000.00+ for a Tilite ZR".

In the future I'll know to subtract 40% off.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

I am confused by the $10k figure, too. My arithmetic from the receipt in post #1 totals $7.5k+tax. What did I miss?

Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Looks like you missed page 2.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                    Looks like you missed page 2.
                    yep, Thanks
                    Chas
                    TiLite TR3
                    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                    <
                    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
                    X