Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold plated zr w/ built in testicle tickler

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    It's pretty easy to keep a ti chair looking good, at 5 years the only wear is a bit of paint off the front of the footplate & pits in the natural fit handrims.

    Comment


      #17
      ill do a review when i get it, like i said i changed a few things, also getting one of those adi carbon backs too.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

      Comment


        #18
        No man, I'm not picking on or trying to 'slam' you. This is directed at wc users in general. One thing I KNOW after reading here for 8 or 9 years, MOST of them don't get out and about to the extent that they wear out a chair or just use it hard that it needs replacing. I'm not in the habit of making jabs at strangers. And I damn sure don't talk shit about folks I don't know.

        This ain't the first thread folks have whined about John's ability to get the equipment he needs. Funny, when almost all the complaints are NOT being able to get what you need. THAT is why I posted.

        Oh, and btw, ass chewing and smart asses are why I am rarely found around here anymore. Too many whiners. Not that it matters to me anyway, I've NEVER been a contestant in a popularity contest, lol.

        https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

        Comment


          #19
          John, Here's a thought: Why not leave your new chair at the office when it comes. That way it will look fresh for years to come. AND rather than sell your current chair, send it back to TiLite to be refinished or have some auto shop give it a fresh paint job. It's good to have a back-up.
          stephen@bike-on.com

          Comment


            #20
            Brianm, that is awful about your insurance. I think even Medicare buys folks chairs every 7 years. Do you have Medicare as a secondary insurance?
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

            Thanks!

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
              It's good to have a back-up.
              And don't forget a backup for your backup.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

              "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                John, Here's a thought: Why not leave your new chair at the office when it comes. That way it will look fresh for years to come. AND rather than sell your current chair, send it back to TiLite to be refinished or have some auto shop give it a fresh paint job. It's good to have a back-up.
                i have been considering something like that . i have a few backups currently.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

                Comment


                  #23
                  Brianm, dude, I don't know what to say other than: You've got some crap insurance. I can't believe, that after 10 years, they would have the justification for scrutinizing, delaying, denying or otherwise failing to pay for a new chair, on your behalf. Filing appeals and grievances are a pain in the ass and more work for your doctors (hopefully you have a medical advocate on your side!) and I'm sorry, and I hope it turns around ASAP. -Dale
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

                  "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                    John, Here's a thought: Why not leave your new chair at the office when it comes. That way it will look fresh for years to come. AND rather than sell your current chair, send it back to TiLite to be refinished or have some auto shop give it a fresh paint job. It's good to have a back-up.
                    Why, when he can get another new one in 2 years.
                    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by rdf View Post
                      Brianm, that is awful about your insurance. I think even Medicare buys folks chairs every 7 years. Do you have Medicare as a secondary insurance?
                      I do not. The dealer I was working with to get a chair said the same as you, that medicare sets the standards for the worst and even they would have purchased the chair in this situation.
                      C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                        Brianm, dude, I don't know what to say other than: You've got some crap insurance. I can't believe, that after 10 years, they would have the justification for scrutinizing, delaying, denying or otherwise failing to pay for a new chair, on your behalf. Filing appeals and grievances are a pain in the ass and more work for your doctors (hopefully you have a medical advocate on your side!) and I'm sorry, and I hope it turns around ASAP. -Dale
                        Thanks Dale. I have decided to see if I can get state assistance before pursuing farther with the insurance company, hoping it would be the faster route. I figured the next route to try with insurance was see a specialist, like a tharapist and have them write up a detailed reason of why the need for a chair greater than a K0001.

                        Anyway, I am hope to know where I stand with the state next week.
                        C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I light my cigarettes with wheelchairs.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by CapnGimp View Post
                            One thing I KNOW after reading here for 8 or 9 years, MOST of them don't get out and about to the extent that they wear out a chair or just use it hard that it needs replacing.
                            Do you really think this? I'm surprised.

                            I needed a new chair badly but had to make do for the past two years knowing 5yrs is the limit, or I buy out of pocket. Being that I'm single and paying a mortgage on a condo and trying to stuff some cash into my retirement, I didn't have extra to spare on a chair - though the thought of buying from sportaid crossed my mind several times!

                            I can't purport to know people well enough to know how they use their chairs. I see active lives here ... ?
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                            T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                              [...] have them write up a detailed reason of why the need for a chair greater than a K0001.

                              [...]
                              Wow. Just...wow. I guess if the last chair they bought you was K0001 coded then I can see their point in at least wanting to know what changed, but...wow. That's hard core risk management.
                              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

                              "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
                                I light my cigarettes with wheelchairs.
                                Go complain about the ineptitudes of socialized medicine in Politics! j/k
                                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

                                "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X