The new Quickie Hellium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Quickie Hellium

This chair is going to be a good option for who is looking for ultralight rigid chairs, it`s the best quickie that i never seen, with the electron options it would be lighter than a Tilite TR
    http://www.heliummobility.eu/en_gb/index.asp
    Last edited by totoL1; 10 Jul 2009, 3:22 PM.

Looks very nice. Kudos to Quickie for getting "caught up"
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

That's a great chair.
      "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
      ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Comment

Why oh why!?! Now I have to wait another five years! LOL Just got my GTi.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I will speak with sunrise medical on monday and i will tell you, but i think it`s for next year, maybe the end of this ( in Spain)

Comment

Oval tubing, in particular, is a nice addition to a 'soon to be' production chair. Kudos Quickie!
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
              Oval tubing, in particular, is a nice addition to a 'soon to be' production chair. Kudos Quickie!

Looking forward to your review.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                This chair is going to be a good option for who is looking for ultralight rigid chairs, it`s the best quickie that i never seen, with the electron options it would be lighter than a Tilite TR
                http://www.heliummobility.eu/en_gb/index.asp
                Excellent find, totoL1!! Great looking chair and some cool innovative features. I especially like the clean appearance of the seat sling straps.
                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                  Looking forward to your review.
                  LOL!

Gimme 3-5 years or so, then I'll be up for it.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I was also noting the rigidizer bar with the rubber grip...someone is paying attention, at Quickie!

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                      I was also noting the rigidizer bar with the rubber grip...someone is paying attention, at Quickie!
                      I wonder if they will have the option to NOT have the rubber parts though for people who have latex allergies like me?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat View Post
                        I wonder if they will have the option to NOT have the rubber parts though for people who have latex allergies like me?

You only have to take it out if you don`t want it

http://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-ban...tfile/4296.pdf
                        Last edited by totoL1; 11 Jul 2009, 7:05 AM.

Comment

I have a Quickie and i never would think that i would have another again, but now i`m really not sure, because a frame who only weight 4.15kg = 9.2 lbs with brakes and sideguards,and the sideguards weight 330 grames and the brakes 132 grames.
                          That traduce that we can get a transfer weight with only 3.68 kg = 8.17 lbs in a chair 16x16 without sideguards and brakes.

I think that quickie give me a good reason for think in quickie again, but there is a problem, I love ZRs

I really like the desing of the pic, imagine this white frame with the orange forks with a Spinergys LX with oranges spokes for example, cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a complete 16” x 16” ZR in its standard configuration weighs only 18.3 pounds!
                          a complete 16"x16" helium in electron version weighs only 14.30 pounds!
                          Last edited by totoL1; 11 Jul 2009, 7:08 AM.

Comment

I'm assuming that this Quickie is not a USA build (or design), which explains its conspicuous absence on Quickie's USA Web site.

I haven't paid much attention to Quickie chairs in more than a decade. Is there anything Quickie about this chair beyond its name? Does the Helium share any features of Quickie's present line of chairs? It appears as is if the Helium was developed independently of them and subsequently purchased, and now being brought to market by them.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

looks good, if i hadnt just bought a new one last year i might have considered it, but had one custom build for brothers wedding and it cost me a fortune! Only get chance to use it when someone takes me out in a car as its all hills around village so can only get out with electric chair independantly!

Comment

Working...
                              X