Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool thanks ill give ita try

Comment

I'm hearing from some fairly well-placed sources that the Helium may be coming state-side sooner rather than later...

Comment

like this year?

Comment

Quickie's running an in the Sept. issue of New Mobility featuring a new model called the Q7. This might be the US name for the Helium, though that's just a guess.
          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

maybe, quickie europe tends towards words, whereas their us counterparts like letters. argon = gt, argon ti = gti, neon = gtx, helium = q7?

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
              Quickie's running an in the Sept. issue of New Mobility featuring a new model called the Q7. This might be the US name for the Helium, though that's just a guess.
              You look to be spot on. The web site mentioned in the ad is not online yet, but my guess is that it will be soon.

www.quickieQ7.com

Comment

I like Adrian, will never have anything to do with Quickie again. Their customer service is terrible, the chairs are not squared nor run true. I had a Sopur Chair after Quickie bought them out. Frame cracked and Quickie would do nothing in that they considered Sopor a European chair, I bought the chair in Canada.

Just latley, my rep bought, without my knowledge, two foam cushions from Sunrise(Quickie) and they were wrong. This took nine months and sending off one of my old hard foam cushions. The reps from Quickie said they would contact me and make it right. Haven't heard from them. I'm dropping off the cushions this weekend to the rep and he can do what he wants with them.

When Marilyn Hamilton ran the business Quickie was the chair to own. Now like Adrian, I have no faith nor would I ever recommend owning one. Their customer service stinks and that is what counts after we get the chair.

With a previous thread of the open frame design and its possible weakness in breaking, Why would anyone want to spend that type of money on a titanium chair that is lighter. the only way the frame can get lighter is by making the walls of the tubing thinner. I dunno doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post

With a previous thread of the open frame design and its possible weakness in breaking, Why would anyone want to spend that type of money on a titanium chair that is lighter. the only way the frame can get lighter is by making the walls of the tubing thinner. I dunno doesn't make sense.

Is not a titanium chair, is made of aluminium and remember that aluminium is lighter than titanium,titanium weight near the double of aluminium, but titanium is much stronger than aluminium and they can make their chairs with thinner walls of the tubing, that`s is why the titanium chairs are lighter, but no because titanium is lighter.

We could do a replic of a ZR in aluminium for example, with a 1mm more of thicker wall, and it will be lighter, but not stronger.

Comment

Agreed, quickies are just shit.

Originally posted by patrick madsen View Post
                    i like adrian, will never have anything to do with quickie again. Their customer service is terrible, the chairs are not squared nor run true. I had a sopur chair after quickie bought them out. Frame cracked and quickie would do nothing in that they considered sopor a european chair, i bought the chair in canada.

Just latley, my rep bought, without my knowledge, two foam cushions from sunrise(quickie) and they were wrong. This took nine months and sending off one of my old hard foam cushions. The reps from quickie said they would contact me and make it right. Haven't heard from them. I'm dropping off the cushions this weekend to the rep and he can do what he wants with them.

When marilyn hamilton ran the business quickie was the chair to own. Now like adrian, i have no faith nor would i ever recommend owning one. Their customer service stinks and that is what counts after we get the chair.

With a previous thread of the open frame design and its possible weakness in breaking, why would anyone want to spend that type of money on a titanium chair that is lighter. The only way the frame can get lighter is by making the walls of the tubing thinner. I dunno doesn't make sense.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                      You look to be spot on. The web site mentioned in the ad is not online yet, but my guess is that it will be soon.

www.quickieQ7.com
                      It's not like me to quote myself, but the site is now up. and running.

Comment

I can`t understand why quickie put in the presentation of this chair a pic of a guy with a chair with a deep seat measurement much little than he really need.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                          I can`t understand why quickie put in the presentation of this chair a pic of a guy with a chair with a deep seat measurement much little than he really need.
                          For such a meticulously staged picture, someone in marketing should have run the pic by a few clinicians and end users who would have identified some obvious issues which make the ad less effective.

I agree with totoL1, possible fit and positioning issues of Cameron in the Q7 made more of a first impression on me than the chair itself (although the appearance may be due to the task he is performing). While he may fit much better in the chair if he simply repositions himself, it will probably detract from the purpose of the ad when viewed by a clinician.

I also don't get why they staged the pic on that terrain with those casters and tires. Nearly every potential end user who looks at the pic would quickly think to themselves "This guy would be stranded". Then, they'd tell themselves "It's just an ad", and redirect their focus to the chair. Draping the upper portion of his body suit over the frame also detracts from the product.

Based on the limited info which can be gleaned from the site, the adjustable seat upholstery available on the Helium also appears to have stayed in Europe.

Quickie's engineers and product managers have made some nice changes to their custom manual line of wheelchairs in the past 2 years. Unfortunately, when those products are not marketed effectively, potential customers are likely to raise questions about whether the company really "gets it". In the discussions I've had with a few product managers, I'd say that they do "get it" (at least with the custom manual and Jay product lines).

I'll reserve judgment on the chair itself until more info becomes available and I get some firsthand experience with one.

Comment

Q7 is officially available

Looks like most of the things people liked about the Helium made it to the Q7 (including direct mount wheel locks, back canes 1" narrower than seat width, and their new seat upholstery).

Q7 Product Info Page
                            Last edited by SCI_OTR; 18 Sep 2009, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                              Looks like most of the things people liked about the Helium made it to the Q7 (including direct mount wheel locks, back canes 1" narrower than seat width, and their new seat upholstery).

Q7 Product Info Page
                              I like it!!
                              Originally posted by fuentejps
                              injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

Comment

Is it an obvious prediction that TiLite will have to come out with a chair using oval tubing to keep up with this emerging trend?
                                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                                X