Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

power add-on for manual chair

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Okay so far that's Grange, Patrick Madsen, and Mar50.... Are you folks REALLY serious about placing an order?
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

    Comment


      Pat,
      Great job !! Segway is the place to go to for mass production. Didn't read the thread, hope you have a patent.You could probably make a bundle with them + royalities !!

      Mike

      Comment


        I can't believe that one of the chair companies haven't jumped on this.

        Comment


          Kind of makes me angry that they haven't. This is better than anything I've seen.

          Comment


            Yep, I'm ready to order NOW/

            Comment


              I just finished this one yesterday for larry1975:

              Patrick you're on top of the waiting list. I'll let you know in about a week when I can start yours.
              pat@beachmobility.com

              Comment


                Hey Pat ..... WHat do I need to do to get on the list? Send a deposit?
                L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
                  I can't believe that one of the chair companies haven't jumped on this.
                  well for starters they'd have to take their heads out of their asses, then wipe the shit out of their eyes, then look at something other than their profit margins, then check out honey badger, then maybe have a little snack, then realize there are actual wheelchair users that can come up with viable solutions to the inevitable shoulder fatigue we all face.

                  If I were Pat I'd never sell the idea. Sure it would be nice to be able to increase production, but in time he'll be able to do that himself the way he sees fit.

                  Comment


                    I wrote him an e-mail Grange. Thanks, Pat.

                    Comment


                      Yes, contact me either by email or phone and tell me you are ready to order and I wil put you on the list. When I'm ready to start your build, I'll let you know and you can send the deposit then.

                      Originally posted by tooley View Post
                      well for starters they'd have to take their heads out of their asses, then wipe the shit out of their eyes, then look at something other than their profit margins, then check out honey badger, then maybe have a little snack, then realize there are actual wheelchair users that can come up with viable solutions to the inevitable shoulder fatigue we all face.

                      If I were Pat I'd never sell the idea. Sure it would be nice to be able to increase production, but in time he'll be able to do that himself the way he sees fit.
                      Nail on head! Invacare comes to mind. They probably spent a ton of money buying the rights to the zinger and trying to develop it when I easily knew right away it was a waste of time and money trying to develop a product with little or no target market. They contacted me a few times and were excited about the zx1 but then rudely(Jim) nothing. I wouldn't doubt it if they were trying to get around my patent and claim it was their idea. But I'm glad nothing happenned, this way I can totally control and refine the product and be certain that it is built right.
                      Last edited by pattherat; 6 Mar 2011, 2:10 PM.
                      pat@beachmobility.com

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by pattherat View Post
                        I'm glad nothing happenned, this way I can totally control and refine the product and be certain that it is built right.

                        Comment


                          Originally Posted by pattherat [IMG]/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
                          I'm glad nothing happenned, this way I can totally control and refine the product and be certain that it is built right.

                          Exactly!

                          Congrats Larry1975. What a thing of beauty it is! I look forward to reading your review. And I hope to be writing a review myself in the near future.

                          Comment


                            I love this product. Can't wait till it hits full-time production so I can afford it. It would replace my scooter as well- so double bonus.

                            As far as names, I've been thinking of a couple. How about The Arrivo? It means the arrival and that sounds like what it would feel like to get to use the ZX-1.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by BlueRing View Post
                              I love this product. Can't wait till it hits full-time production so I can afford it.
                              Pat said its going to be around 7k if it hits full-time prod.
                              C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

                              Comment


                                Just ordered mine after spending the day looking at power chairs and coming home completley ticked off by what was out there.. I felt they would be more of a hinderance and just plain overkill at the present moment. I couldn't open doors nor transfer into the frivers seat in my van. With the ZX I should be able to still do them.

                                Even though my insurance was willing to pay full price for a power chair, buy a transporter for my wifes car and replace the lift in my home, I felt the ZX would be a better fit. They'll still buy the transporter but I told them to wait til I'm ready for a new lift and power chair. My lift is small, fast and hydraulic. The lifts they have to accommodate a pc are huge, slow and electric.

                                It took all the money I was saving in my sock drawer but I think it'll be worth it. Will send photos when Pat sends it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X