No announcement yet.

power add-on for manual chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How wide is the clamp for the camber bar? Would you be interested in making an extra narrow one as a special order? What is the limiting factor on width?

Comment

Originally posted by amyk View Post
      How wide is the clamp for the camber bar? Would you be interested in making an extra narrow one as a special order? What is the limiting factor on width?
      The clamp is 9" wide but I could narrow it to 7.5". I can't make the unit any narrower than 15.5" and thats with the 10 x 2 wheels seen in the video. It would normally be 16.5" with 10 x 3 pnuematic tires which fit a 15" chair.

Could you can have someone measure the distance between your spokes 10" off the ground?
      pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Hey Pat,

I am sure you probably already know this but I just read i the ZINGER THREAD.....

Zinger Update
        I am sorry to report that Invacare Top End has decided to stop design work on the Zinger project. We came across a number of challenges when taking the Zinger's original design and adapting it to fit across most rigid wheelchairs and keeping the costs down. Since we licensed the original technology, I am trying to find out if the inventors will be lincensing the technology to someone else in the future.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Zinger discussion - we are disappointed to not continue with commercializing the Zinger but we are continuing to explore power add-on designs for both folding and rigid chairs. We hope that we can find another power add on design that will work on a greater variety of chairs including our 3 new rigid chairs launching in 2011!
        L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Comment

You r ZX1 is a much better design anyway!!!

Comment

I want a zx1
            C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Originally posted by Grange View Post
              You r ZX1 is a much better design anyway!!!
              Thanks!
              I was talking with some people from Invacare about doing something with my design about a year and a half ago. It looked promising at first and went up a few links of the chain of command. We had a few conference calls but then nothing came of it.
              pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

how will the zx1 perform in snow?
                C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

I just found this thread now and I would be very interested in buying one of these as well. Very nice design and done very well nice job pat. When the American dollar hits 0.10 cents to the Canadian dollar in 2012 when most of the debt is due it would be a lot more affordable! Hopefully you can find a partner to mass produce it and like the guy said earlier in the post take it to Shark Tank or the Canadian version that is on every week as Dragon's Den. I really think they would be interested in it and all would bid against each other to own a piece of this. You should seriously look into this might be the perfect option for you. Anyway when it goes into production let me know as I would probably buy one hopefully you can get that price down with mass production.
                  Good job,

Mooner

Comment

Pat i'm sending you a e-mail

Comment

i want one i'm ready to pay let me know

Comment

Hey everybody that is REALLY SERIOUS about wanting to order one of these..... we need to get together and see how many folks will really commit to buying one and then get with PAT about $ and delivery time!!!!

WHO IS SERIOUS??????

Comment

just beautiful! You would have a lot of interest in europe as well! I really hope a big manufacturer takes this into production!

Comment

Count me in for sure.

Comment

Great stuff that ZX1, congrats Pat.

Comment

I'd like one too. It looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X