No announcement yet.

power add-on for manual chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trust Pat will make it right if anything is amiss. Have you tried it yet Mac? There is a small learning curve on backing in and making sure it is not too far to the left or right.

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
      We have a ZX-1 that is making it's journey over now.
      Right on! I hope it arrives quickly and safely!

Did Spinergy contact you to inform you that the ZX-1 had shipped?

Comment

It was bought through Sportaid and should arrive there any day for forwarding on. it took me a bit of time to make an international wire transfer, which I did today, so I have not pushed for shipping information.

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
        Right on! I hope it arrives quickly and safely!

Did Spinergy contact you to inform you that the ZX-1 had shipped?
        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
          I trust Pat will make it right if anything is amiss. Have you tried it yet Mac? There is a small learning curve on backing in and making sure it is not too far to the left or right.
          Took 3 more pics, seems straight to me... I'm shining a really bright light at it so pics aren't that clear. I'll have the floor washed tomorrow

C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Looks just as crooked as it did before.
            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
              Looks just as crooked as it did before.
              maybe because the picture is taken from the right angle?
              C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Sometimes you can see things in photos that don't show to the naked eye, and sometimes photos distort the truth.
                I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

The explanation may be is (if there's one to have), as this caster is an Anti-tip wheel, it doesn't have to turn on 360°.
                  When you're tipping back,… you're going forward ! So it's not an issue if this caster can't turn completely…
                  But anyway, it's not a very nice setting, and for a big and reliable company like Spinergy, seeing this kind of mistake is annoying.
                  C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
                  my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
                  Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

Get a Power chair, if you get one that is comfortable, you will wonder why you ever did anything else. You can carry your own meals to the table. You can do almost everything you want without making a spectical of yourself. They are far less hassle, and you won't be exhausted with sore shoulders before you get where you are going.

Do yourself a favor, enter the 21st century.

Comment

I implore other CareCure members to exercise "thread discipline" with respect to that last post. This thread has existed for years and it is the best example of an "on topic" thread I've seen. It would be a shame to see it derailed.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                        I implore other CareCure members to exercise "thread discipline" with respect to that last post. This thread has existed for years and it is the best example of an "on topic" thread I've seen. It would be a shame to see it derailed.
                        SCI_OTR if not for your guidance I would have leapt on that last post, boy is there something to say. Grinding teeth, holding breath. And .. exhale.

Comment

Then the Admin can delete it, you do not want my opinion.

Add-ons cost more in total than most of the very basic Power rehab Chairs. They do not perform as well, it is simply more crap. Now that is MY opinion it is as good as anyone elses, but if you wish you can delete it!

As a PS I buy my own chair, I don't ask any one else to supply it for me. I first bought and still have a manual chair it is junk. I cannot propel it, I am also a 74 year old man who worked everyday of this painful existence until I retired.

Y'all just want an opinion you can agree with. So be it.
                          Last edited by Bob Sullivan; 7 Jun 2013, 1:46 PM. Reason: Made myself clear.

Comment

It's not the opinion that we don't agree with Bob; it's that you condem something I'm sure you have never tried.

I can use my 25 pound chair, add the ZX-1 and power anywhere I wish to go, detach it and be, once again, in my 25 pound chair.
                            I'll take that over your 350lb. behemouth. I'm 65 and 40 years in.

How much do you pay for your powerchairs. THe ZX was 5 grand with my TR2 bought at wholesale price of 2100.00.

Out of respect for SCI, that's all I have to say.

Comment

Returning to the original topic, is the new version any narrower than the old one? Is there a minimum chair width it can handle? Also, are there any plans for a lithium battery?

Comment

If I had a power chair, I'd be trapped in the house or where I can reach within the mile limits of the chair and only in good weather. With a manual chair I can load my chair myself and off I go. I wouldn't trade that independence for anything. Now that I have it I want more with power ad on, but if I was limited to only a power chair I'd be trapped in the limits.

Why would anyone with a disability, that causes limits, want to further limit themselves or anyone else? Get the tools that best work for YOU and be happy they're available. Don't begrudge the tools available to those who have different needs and desires than your own. And that's my opinion, which I feel is still on topic.
                                Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Working...
                                X