Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Awesome, Mac85.

I see the powered wheels are cambered but are they also set in a toe-out angle?
    no idea
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

The only problem I have is when backing up the anti-tip wheel hits the motors

I think the anti-tip wheel is too big or are there any options to extend the range?

Comment

That would be a serious flaw.

Contact them immediately, Mac.

I hope this isn't happening with all of them. That isn't just a little brush with the motor, it's actually hitting enough to stop it from swiveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
          The only problem I have is when backing up the anti-tip wheel hits the motors

I think the anti-tip wheel is too big or are there any options to extend the range?
          It looks crooked. Is the frogleg caster shaft, I'm talking about the whole thing wrenched down tight enough in the ZX1?
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
            That would be a serious flaw.

Contact them immediately, Mac.

I hope this isn't happening with all of them. That isn't just a little brush with the motor, it's actually hitting enough to stop it from swiveling.
            I contacted Spinergy today via e-mail and sent them this picture

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
            It looks crooked. Is the frogleg caster shaft, I'm talking about the whole thing wrenched down tight enough in the ZX1?
            Yes it is as tight as it can be.
            I am not worried I talked to Larry one of the first ZX1 owners and he said that he had the same problem when his first arrived, so he told Pat and Pat sent him some kind of an "extension tubing" - not sure if I'm quoting right.

Comment

I see they cambered the wheels a bit since the originals. Looking forward to your impressions Mac. I sure like mine, bigtime

Comment

I'm wondering why they cambered the motors my original ZX-1 isn't like that

Comment

I would take a close look and make sure that the "camber" and front caster rubbing are not the result of rough handling during shipping knocking things ou of alignment or breaking something, just in case.

Comment

Congratulations Mac85. I hope you get the anti-tip wheel sorted out.

We have a ZX-1 that is making it's journey over now. I'm hoping you can help us out. We need to either buy a new charger for 230 volt or hopefully just a European power plug. I've looked through the ZX-1 OPERATOR’S MANUAL, and don't see the exact brand and model # of the charger. Would you mind taking a look at your charger and letting me know the brand and model #?

Many thanks. I don't want it to get here and have to wait to sort it out before we can use it after waiting this long .

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!
                    I have waited for over a year and a half for this toy and it finally arrived today, I am so happy and can't wait to try it.
                    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
                      Congratulations Mac85. I hope you get the anti-tip wheel sorted out.

We have a ZX-1 that is making it's journey over now. I'm hoping you can help us out. We need to either buy a new charger for 230 volt or hopefully just a European power plug. I've looked through the ZX-1 OPERATOR’S MANUAL, and don't see the exact brand and model # of the charger. Would you mind taking a look at your charger and letting me know the brand and model #?

Many thanks. I don't want it to get here and have to wait to sort it out before we can use it after waiting this long .
                      The charger is MK Batteries LS 24/4 and is switchable between 115 and 230 volts. Spec sheet:
                      http://www.mkbattery.com/images/charger0603.pdf
                      pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B View Post
                        I would take a close look and make sure that the "camber" and front caster rubbing are not the result of rough handling during shipping knocking things ou of alignment or breaking something, just in case.
                        Sure. On the photo, it looks like the caster fork axle seems to be not fairly vertical… Something to check there ?
                        C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
                        my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
                        Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

UPS Guy thought process: This thing is heavy, but the dolly is way at the back of the loading dock. What to do, what to do... Wait, I've got it! I'll just roll the box onto the truck. Brilliant problem solving by me once again!

Comment

Thanks Pat. It looks like we just need a standard European AC plug like those used on a lot of PC equipment. I've got quite a few floating around.

Originally posted by pattherat View Post
                            The charger is MK Batteries LS 24/4 and is switchable between 115 and 230 volts. Spec sheet:
                            http://www.mkbattery.com/images/charger0603.pdf
                            Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B View Post
                              I didn't see any damage on the box...

Comment

I didn't see any damage on the box...
                                I'm just guessing/eliminating possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X