No announcement yet.

power add-on for manual chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patiently waiting for update from Ryan, I just e-mailed him.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Ryan replied to me.
      He said he doesnt know the launch date since delays could still occur. He
      images the quickest is 2 months and the longest is 5 months.
      So we have to wait a little.

Comment

At least it's better than 5 years!

This could save my commute troubles (hard to push to bus stop, but parking on campus costs $$$).

Comment

Thanks so much from those of you providing updates on the ZX1! I sent an email to Ryan about a year ago requesting to go on a waiting list, followed by another email stating my continuing interest, then a letter to Spinergy about a month ago to let them know I'm ready to purchase one when it's offered. I'm 70 and would love to have this product to stay active in the community. Yes, I do have a used power chair but it's not easy to navigate in many stores and restaurants, let alone trying to get it into our van - my husband is in a chair too.

Comment

It can be a little tricky using the ZX1 with a ramp van so be careful.
            Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
            Pete C6/'97

Comment

Why is that? I would like to buy one too
              Louie Gonzalez
              C6 C7

Comment

IT's not too tough going down the ramp as long as a person goes slow. I think Pat devised an anti tip so the arms won't dip gong down one.

The ZX is fairly quick to manuver Louie, may be the reason. I'm not used to driving mine down the ramp so have been avoiding taking it with me. It's more me than the ZX

Comment

Where can I buy one or something similar ?
                  Louie Gonzalez
                  C6 C7

Comment

Originally posted by Louie0611 View Post
                    Where can I buy one or something similar ?

Not available yet Louie. A few of us bought one when Pat was making them as one-offs. They are terrific. The turning radius is smaller than when in manual mode. It's a great alternative to a powerchair.

Comment

yes pat did make anti tips he told me one they get the zx1 into production everyone that has a zx1 will recieve anti tips i can't wait

Comment

Any idea when they will be in production Patrick?
                        Louie Gonzalez
                        C6 C7

Comment

I drive a full size Ford van and on occasion I'm a passenger sitting in my chair with tiedowns.
                          Does anyone know if there would be any issues with tiedown use with the ZX on the wheelchair?

Comment

Originally posted by Louie0611 View Post
                            Any idea when they will be in production Patrick?
                            If you read posts 272, you might find out

Comment

Originally posted by triumph View Post
                              I drive a full size Ford van and on occasion I'm a passenger sitting in my chair with tiedowns.
                              Does anyone know if there would be any issues with tiedown use with the ZX on the wheelchair?
                              I don't think you would have any problems with tie downs, it all depends where you tie down the chair
                              There is a member here braswelf5 that drives from the zx1
                              here is the thread
                              https://www.carecure.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160659

Comment

[correction: I just found the contact information in post #265]

I've seen a few posts about signing up for a waiting list but have not heard how to do that. We live in Europe (Holland), and would love to be early adopters (220v).

At least for the time being, many European countries will still fund power wheelchairs, so I hope they will fund this also. It might be a good early market before Invacare takes over;-)
                                Last edited by elarson; 18 May 2012, 10:10 AM. Reason: correction
                                Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Working...
                                X