X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I'm still on Pat's list.

Comment

Yes you do!!!! I love my ZX-1!!!!
      L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Comment

I got my ZX not too long ago. I didn't have the right cog and made for some problems but Pat was very helpful.

I haven't tried it up and down my van ramp yet but I'm sureit will work out. Once I gtt the nerve up to try it, it will really make a difference.

I use the Freewheel on the chair with it and can go about anywhere on my property. They both are a blast to use/

Comment

I have the freewheel too and you are right it will go about anywhere. I go up and doen my van ramp all the time. I have a Crysler T&C 2004. Braun Entervan conversion.

Comment

I'll have to try it then Grange. Do you do anything special going up and down it?
            I had a friend who went off the side of hisw ramp in a pc and got tore up pretty good. Seeing that kind of freaked me out.

Do the rearwheels of your chair lift off the ground when attached to the ZX?
            Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 1 Jul 2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

PM@ - As per the instructions I got from Pat... I adjust my ZX-1 so the rear wheels are barely touching the ground. I push the button until both wheels are completely off the ground and then spin them. I then go back down until they just touch the ground. I have found it works best and is most stable this way.

AS for going up and down my van ramp.... I don't go too fast. Since the joystick can be pretty sensitive I reduce the power level down to 3 lights going up and 2 lights coming down. That way I don't get out of control or anything if I happen to turn a little bit. Slow and easy will get you there. I have gotten to where it is a no brainer for me now.

Comment

Of course I don't go up and down the ramp with my freewheel on . Not enough room!!!!

Comment

Mine won't go up to where I can spin them; just to the point where they may skim the ground, at most.

Comment

I just uploaded a video that we shot with Larry1975 and his ZX1
                    CHECK IT OUT and comment
                    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Great video Larry.... YOu could not be more correct!!! The benefit far outweighs the cost. It is a quality of life thing for sure!!!!!! I LOVE MY ZX-1!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grange View Post
                        Great video Larry.... YOu could not be more correct!!! The benefit far outweighs the cost. It is a quality of life thing for sure!!!!!! I LOVE MY ZX-1!!!!!!
                        I actually made the vid
                        C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Same here. Only time I got stuck in it was in very loose gravel. The wheels dug in. Was easy to get out. Just dis connected the ZX from my chair and turned it and "drove" it out of hte hole it dug. Re connected and away I went. It's so light and balanced that it very easy to move around by itself.

I have to agree. I am so glad I din't go with those faunky Emotion wheels or any other power device. I don't use it that often cause it just spoils me everytime I do.

I am astounded by its versatility every time I hook 'er up

Comment

Great job on the video Mac! I hope you can get your own ZX1 soon.

I have recently partnered with Spinergy. They will be manufacturing promoting and selling the ZX1. The first run is currently in production and I expect they will be available by late September.

It's a little early for exact pricing and availability but if you like to be notified,
                            Ryan Webb, Spinergy's director of sales & marketing, is putting together a mailing list and will keep you up to date. Ryan@spinergy.com
                            pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Nice, congrats Pat.

I'm curious... Spinergy is an interesting partner, especially b/c none of their parts are used (right?). What sparked their interest? Market potential?

Comment

Thanks Scott.
                                The President/CEO of Spinergy happened to bump into a ZX1 user (a CareCure member) in a deli.
                                He recognized the uniqueness and potential and contacted me and we were able to work out an agreement. It's a bit of a departure for them but they have a large manufacturing facility and of course the infrastructure, capital, contacts and market presence needed to make the ZX1 available quickly.
                                I guess it's a case of "opportunity knocks".
                                Spinergy does more than just wheels, they manufacture wheelchair parts for other companies and manufacture parts for other industries and seem to want to diversify and venture into different product lines.
                                So far it feels like a good fit.
                                pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Working...
                                X