power add-on for manual chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
    Pat said its going to be around 7k if it hits full-time prod.

7k?!

Well, even though I won't be able to afford it for about ten years- I still dig it. Maybe I can eventually find one used (hahah..sigh.)

Patrick-
    You made the choice I would have made too. Frustrating to go through what you are and I'm learning a lot from watching you- so thank you for that. I have a lot of pain even when wheeling- less than walking but still pain and looked at power chairs. I would have to buy a new everything. New house, new car, ramps, lifts etc. All of that out of pocket for us.

Plus, personally, I think most pc's I've seen here are bulky, lazily designed and not living up to their potential. I would agree the zx-1 is a good option. I am eager to hear what you think of it.

Comment

Thanks, Blue, I'm gettting my strength from everyone here also. Reading what so many have gone thru or are going thru presently, kind of demonstrates that we'll get thru this also.

After seeing the choices out there, I figured if I can put this off for a few more years perhaps something decent will come on the market. The price for the ZX is minimal compared to what I would have to spend with the changes my insurance company would'nt pay for. It's a heck of a hit on my sock drawer lol, but trustfully will be worth it.

Comment

recieved my zx1 back in march thanks pat

Comment

You're welcome! I was beginning to worry since I hadn't heard from you in a while. Glad you're digging it. I'm just getting around to putting up a ZX1 website and I may hit you up for a testimonial.

BTW I ran into Patd at the Abilities Expo and got to finally try out his Freewheel on the ZX1 and it works awesome! I'll post a video as soon as I can find a decent trail to take it on.
          pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

I'm seriously pumped. Canadian dollar is hot right now too. yay!

Will I be the first in Canada to have a ZX1? I'd feel special if I was.

Comment

watch out the so called "higher ups" dont steal your idea, though if you have a patent you can sue thier asses!...lol

other than that it's cool as!
              "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
                I'm seriously pumped. Canadian dollar is hot right now too. yay!

Will I be the first in Canada to have a ZX1? I'd feel special if I was.
                Sorry no, you'd be the 2nd.
                pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Great invention, Pat!

Comment

Originally posted by pattherat View Post
                    Sorry no, you'd be the 2nd.
                    Devastating news. Still pumped.

Comment

I saw Pat's ZX1 on his friends chair at expo on Friday. That thing is SICK!!! I have to say from what I saw it is worth every penny. If I ever need to go with power assist or power chair I will look into the ZX1 for sure.
                      ~Mandy~
                      SCI as a result of spinal surgery
                      TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Gettin' excited Pat!!!!!
                        L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Comment

I received my brand new shiny black and carbon fiber patterned ZX-1 three days ago. Due to visiting relatives and work obligations I did not have a moment to unpack it until last night. Today I set out to get it set-up and adjusted to fit my chair and start using it. It was very simple to adjust to fit my chair properly. I turned 6 allen head screws. Two on the ZX-1 and 4 on my wheel chair. THEN I backed up to it... pushed the button.... AND away I went!

Pat's device is the bomb... the cat's meow.... the hot tip.... the best thing since sliced bread.... I LOVE IT SO FAR!!!!

So I used it around my house today. Mostly indoors with a few trips out into the yard. Tomorrow I will take it to town with me and give it a real work-out. I will say this. It has 5 different power levels and so far I have not needed to to go above three. (I have visited setting 5 to see how fast it goes and I'll say it goes plenty fast.)

I will keep reporting on the performance of the ZX-1 and what type of challenges I am putting on it. So far it seems to be what I expected it to be.
                          L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Comment

I received mine last Friday. I too am completley enthralled with it. It takes a while to comprehend it's nuances but it's getting there. Trying to master going over the thresholds without skidding the power wheels. I put up a few small threshold ramps and that seems to really help. Will try to see how hard it is to manuver up and down my van ramp and see if I can transfer into my drivers seat with it on. Sholdn't be a problem; just going to take some nerve the first time.

Will post more as I learn to use it more efficiently. I did try it with my Freewheel and dang, it really smoothed out the ride even more. Hope my frame isn't taking a beating; don't think so.

Like Grange said, it was easy to adjust right out of the box and has plenty of power. Pat the Rat is definitly a genius to have come up with the ZX.

Comment

How do I order one ? Whats the cost?

Comment

i've had mine for about 4 months and absolutely love it

Comment

Working...
                                X