This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mize View Post
    Numotion Ohio and Kentucky have huge problems. I think the main problem is that Numotion (national) has negotiated numerous exclusivity contracts with health insurers (including workers' comp). I theorize they got these exclusivity arrangements by promising to work on such razor thin margins that they are hopelessly understaffed and supersaturated with work. As a result things take far longer than they should and many mistakes are made.

As much as I like some of the Numotion employees in my area, they are a disaster of DME provider.
    numotion in tallahasse is a joke and they tell untruths tried to get a smart drive got all the stuff get a call from eva on to pay 285.00 for my part then i get a call 2 month to buy it out right i ask what about medicare long story short they have never subbmitted to medicare i ask for my money back said be a restocking fee no as u never filed for medicare so i have credit card people involved they are a joke

Comment

• Update to NC. Met with DME and physical therapist . Was very pleased. I think it is true what has been said. Nu Motion is huge company. People are good. Company being so big makes it hard. Scott totally rocked it. Between the both I feel much more at ease and understand better. Yay. And I think he is bringing me a loaner cushion. I am very thankful. C
      Non-traumatic SCI. Art, Poetry, and the Great Outdoors; these are my passions. My motto: Paint much love, always ~ Connie

Comment

• 49Bespoke and Soul Wheelchair Studio service Toronto and the GTA up here in Ontario, Canada. I've used Reg at 49Bespoke for my chair and Batac. David at Soul is great for seating among other things. I think he's in Whitby.

Comment

• NuMotion Colorado is a disaster, both organizationally and operationally. Not only are they really difficult to deal with and incredibly disorganized, once you get a chair from them no-one else will work on it. They recommended changes to my power chair (bc it was never fitted), I said okay, they started those changes (repositioned seating), and before they had even ordered the parts to finish the changes (6 weeks later) the chair tipped me out and broke both my legs. Turns out the "loaner" joystick they put on is defective, and there are problems with the main controller board. Three months later, they have gotten a quite for the necessary replacements and stalled out there. It's shocking. Local OTs and PTs are telling me that in the last 5 years NuMotion has become so non-responsive that they work with literally any other DME they can find.

Comment

• numotion mobility sucks

been trying to get a few things from these people they used be united seating now its called numotion well its the same koke as it ever was anyone else have problems with them
            to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

• They have a local shop here and I avoid them like the plague. Slow, unresponse, lacking basic product knowledge, act like used car salesmen. They tried to balance bill me once, without first making me sign an ABN, then the tried to retroactively get me to sign. Never again.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

• I would like to amend a bit. NuMotion here in NC Asheville area I live in mountains not certain where my team is based.

They really have taken good care of me.

Now, no sooner I received my tilite in October, I had another large attack.

My team is already on researching for the power chair.
                Non-traumatic SCI. Art, Poetry, and the Great Outdoors; these are my passions. My motto: Paint much love, always ~ Connie

Comment

• Hi all,
                  I'm thinking about going with NuMotion in CT when I order a new power chair. I was a customer of ATG Rehab in CT for many years but after a few service related issues and after they moved even farther away from me (2 hrs. away vs. 1 hr. away) I decided to go with a different vendor when I bought the chair I now own. Problem is, customer service with the company I'm with now is terrible! Worse than ATG ever was. I understand ATG is now part of Nu Motion and they have an office in Long Island N.Y., about an hour from where I live where I could go for repairs. I'm still reluctant to make the switch and was hoping I could get some feedback from you all, whether it's good or bad experiences, please let me know your thoughts on NuMotion in CT. Thanks!
                  Daniel G.

Comment

• Been working with Tycon Medical, in south eastern Virginia (Tidewater), to acquire a new ultra-light manual using Medicare coverage. Despite "losing my paperwork" for 3 months, and filing the initial claim incorrectly, I've been generally quite pleased with my interactions. Jimmy, the owner, has been helpful and attentive, has worked directly with me to correct some of the earlier issues, and seems to genuinely want the best for me and my equipment. They work a lot with the Adler Therapy Group, and, as a team, they offer a good service, compared to their peers in the region. Definitely recommended.
                    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

• Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                      Been working with Tycon Medical, in south eastern Virginia (Tidewater), to acquire a new ultra-light manual using Medicare coverage. Despite "losing my paperwork" for 3 months, and filing the initial claim incorrectly, I've been generally quite pleased with my interactions. Jimmy, the owner, has been helpful and attentive, has worked directly with me to correct some of the earlier issues, and seems to genuinely want the best for me and my equipment. They work a lot with the Adler Therapy Group, and, as a team, they offer a good service, compared to their peers in the region. Definitely recommended.
                      Encouraging to hear. I am in need of, and my physiatrist said she will sign off on new chair a year ago. I plan to set up appointment very soon.
                      Thanks

Comment

• Everyone's experiences matter. But they won't indicate the level of service you will get unless you are getting the same product at the same location with the same insurance. I am reading horror stories about NuMotion and National Seating and Mobility in other areas. But I have had pretty good experiences with both in my area. On the other hand, I was getting excellent (relative term) service from a small local shop when I had private insurance. But they refused to even try with Medicare.

Of course there are exceptions, like the company is going out of business, or someone is incompetent. But generally, the level of service you get is in line with how well they get paid. Of course, you may say that Medicare pays the same everywhere so this should not matter. Yes and no. Medicare guidelines are a moving target. Billing Medicare seems to be an "art". Plus there is a huge difference between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage. Original Medicare is centralized, rigid, government bureaucracy. Medicare Advantage is managed locally and privately. They have to follow Original Medicare guidelines as a baseline standard. But they are free to do better if they wish. And they do, in my experience. For example, Original Medicare guidelines prohibit upgrading a wheelchair to a titanium frame. Not so with Medicare Advantage. Because both the insurance company and medical group in Medicare Advantage are private sector, their compensation is in line with their performance. The better they manage, the more money they make, and the better they are able to serve you.

In other words, it's not meaningful to assess DME performance without also considering the location, insurance, and medical group.
                        Last edited by August West; 03-23-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• I am working with Blaine, the owner of Access Medical, Inc which is based north of San Diego- Carlsbad maybe. Yesterday I had a long consult with him that was surprisingly encouraging. He is smart, very well-organized, experienced, and seems to enjoy thinking in tandem. I decided to stay with his recommendation for adding 2 inches to the seat depth for this reason- the new seat back will rob that measure of about an inch, if I understand correctly, and I believe I will be happy with one more inch. I decided to go with getting a new chair for several reasons. Once I have it I'll use my present chair for out-and-about and for traveling. Leaving it in the car means one less in-and-out per trip.

Blaine suggested his shop can simply move the seat pan on my present chair forward an inch, then we put the quick release hardware for the ADI backrest on both chairs and I can use it on old chair while out, still maintaining about the same seat depth as I presently use. He dutifully presented me with the legal ramifications of letting him drill holes in the frame but I do not see it as a high risk. He also offered to send the chair to tilite for them to drill the holes, but that seems excessively cautious to me. The chair is 7 years old and I am not hard on chairs.

These folks seem to know all the tricks for getting partial reimbursement from medicare on non-standard options. When I see the paperwork I will know exactly what that comes to.

Lastly, Blaine and his minion contributed good thought to my vague idea of how I might handle a Smartdrive without injuring my shoulder loading and unloading. 12 lbs is definitely too much to handle regularly for my right shoulder. They brought one so I could test it. There is a grab handle on the driver's side of my little chevy, where that area has a bit of reenforcement. I will mount something a bit sturdier, attach a pulley, and work out a way of moving the Smartdrive using less shoulder strength. It will be more challenging than I think, no doubt.

So far, all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
                            He also offered to send the chair to tilite for them to drill the holes, but that seems excessively cautious to me.
                            TiLite does not accept chairs back for repairs or modification.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

• Thanks, Stephen. Now I know I either misunderstood or his knowledge base is imperfect.

Comment

• I'd go with both, just to stay safe.

Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
                                Thanks, Stephen. Now I know I either misunderstood or his knowledge base is imperfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X