X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nor Numotion in colorado...theyre a money hungry mess

Comment

I seriously doubt there is more than one honest, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, DME full service vendor in this entire country. Since I have two torn (massively) rotator cuffs with the accompanying arthritis and atrophied muscle that seems to go along with this problem. So a manual chair is out of the question. Even when I asked if the results of total replacement shoulder hardware his prognosis was it was very likely I could lose all the weight bearing I have now might be lost. That would cost me the last of self mobility I have.

So again that is why I have a power wheelchair. I had been able to make my own power chairs, from junkers, and used on line power chairs. My wife helps me twist wrenches with my direction.

I do not have the means to purchase a new chair, and waiting until the day after my death to wait for Medicare to move on this situation doesn't appear to be a resolution. The garbage that the DME vendors have to offer seems to be useless as well. The whole process needs to be thrown out and start again. That will never happen in my lifetime. Of course I am 76 years old now, A quick application of Alzheimer's would be merciful, then I could die without knowing what things that are really lost to me. Isn't that pathetic? My mind is so active and my body is so useless.

Sorry to spout off so badly, but the subject of Wheelchairs and Power wheelchairs and their manufacturers, and peddlers just sets me off.

Go to what ever vendor you choose, bring a few 3-4 big 6'-6" 250#-300# guys with you intimidate the vendor with serious bodily harm without saying anything or threatening verbally. But make an impression any screwing with you will cause extreme discomfort. Maybe you'll get somewhere, they are almost all terrible people. Good Luck, yours and many stories back down the line are not fallacy, And we the end user are not very threatening. They the vendors as well as their mental midget mechanics are people who take advantage of us.

Comment

There appears to be limited activity on this thread the past couple of years, but I thought I would post anyways. I wish I had looked at this before I made my purchase of hand rims from Melrose Kiwi Concept Chairs. Although there is only one prior mention of Melrose Kiwi Concept Chairs and that was in 2011, I still found this thread very useful. I actually should have used the CareCure site before purchasing them. Anyways, I was looking to replace my current hand rims with hand rims that would be more tackier or stickier. I want those type of hand rims for pushing my chair around the house while not needing gloves on. As a C5/C6 quad, I have no hand function and basically push with my palms. Back to Melrose. According to their website, I was purchasing "Alloy Hand Rim coated in a very grippy, hard wearing black rubber coating. Increased diameter and soft texture allows for comfortable pushing." Well, one out of two hand rims somewhat met the description. At $155 a piece I was expecting everything to match. One of the hand rims was grippy. Hard, not soft, but at least grippy. The other hand rim, which looked like it had the same coating, was hard and very slick. I called them and spoke with Carmen, who is sales, about my problem and was told I would have to speak with Charlie. I spoke with Charlie about my issue and his response was, "I don't know what to tell you." Keeping this short, I sent the hand rim back, paid a $35 re-stocking fee and had a new one sent out. I received the replacement one yesterday and it is the same as the one I had returned, very slick and hard. I did speak with Carmen today about my order being wrong. When I told her I shouldn't have to pay another re-stocking fee. She stated that I should know not to get what I expect from an online order. Bottom line, I would not recommend anyone from purchasing anything from Melrose Kiwi Concept Chairs.
        DaDutchman
        C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

Comment

Originally posted by DaDutchman View Post
          There appears to be limited activity on this thread the past couple of years, but I thought I would post anyways. I wish I had looked at this before I made my purchase of hand rims from Melrose Kiwi Concept Chairs. Although there is only one prior mention of Melrose Kiwi Concept Chairs and that was in 2011, I still found this thread very useful. I actually should have used the CareCure site before purchasing them. Anyways, I was looking to replace my current hand rims with hand rims that would be more tackier or stickier. I want those type of hand rims for pushing my chair around the house while not needing gloves on. As a C5/C6 quad, I have no hand function and basically push with my palms. Back to Melrose. According to their website, I was purchasing "Alloy Hand Rim coated in a very grippy, hard wearing black rubber coating. Increased diameter and soft texture allows for comfortable pushing." Well, one out of two hand rims somewhat met the description. At $155 a piece I was expecting everything to match. One of the hand rims was grippy. Hard, not soft, but at least grippy. The other hand rim, which looked like it had the same coating, was hard and very slick. I called them and spoke with Carmen, who is sales, about my problem and was told I would have to speak with Charlie. I spoke with Charlie about my issue and his response was, "I don't know what to tell you." Keeping this short, I sent the hand rim back, paid a $35 re-stocking fee and had a new one sent out. I received the replacement one yesterday and it is the same as the one I had returned, very slick and hard. I did speak with Carmen today about my order being wrong. When I told her I shouldn't have to pay another re-stocking fee. She stated that I should know not to get what I expect from an online order. Bottom line, I would not recommend anyone from purchasing anything from Melrose Kiwi Concept Chairs.
          My reply is a long while after your post, but you might want to consider a new hand rim found at ribgrips.com. I will be posting a review of it when I have a bit more experience, but sounds exactly like what you are looking for. With these rims, you can even push with the side or back of your hand if grip is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by WaveWolf View Post
            My reply is a long while after your post, but you might want to consider a new hand rim found at ribgrips.com. I will be posting a review of it when I have a bit more experience, but sounds exactly like what you are looking for. With these rims, you can even push with the side or back of your hand if grip is an issue.
            I'll be interested in your review. I'd like to know how well they hold up to sharp edges like what is on the sides of the ramp for my van. My current hand rims have quite a few slices in them and have now also become a little glazed over making them harder to push now.
            DaDutchman
            C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

Comment

they hold up great and no black hands. i've been running them for a month or so.
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com
              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

NuMotion (ATG) in Montgomeryville, PA is awful. Took them three months to order a J2 cushion and they sucked at communicating. You could never call and speak to a person. They charged my insurance $1200 for a $400 cushion. I went through a similar experience when buying my TiLite TX.
                Last edited by rshadd; 20 Jan 2017, 11:59 AM.
                T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

I gave up on EdgePark recently after they were unable to fulfill my request for catheters. I'm using the Teleflex Rusch MMG H20 closed system and they never hand them in stock and fail to notify me about the backorder. I even called TeleFlex and they said they were readily available and that there should be any issues obtaining them. I'm trying out CompleteCare Medical now.
                  T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

I'm a disabled vet, the biggest problem is how long it takes to get a new chair but after reading this I know now that I have little to gripe about. I use the manufacturer 's field reps. Last November I requested a lighter chair due to arm weakness from my minor C6 injury. I also wanted better hand rims to help with my grip weakness. I ended up test driving a Q7R and TiLite. The Q7R fit me better so I went with Sunrise. When the field reps came to measure me for the chair they realized that my old chair was inadequate. The offered to let me keep their demo chair until my new chair was delivered. I was floored, the Sunrise Medical reps let me keep their chair for 3 months. Their focus on customer service and level of end user commitment is unprecedented. They are on contract and their treatment of one patient would have no bearing on the company's bottom line. I thought that alone was worth mentioning.

Comment

Two years late but I highly recommend the Syrge LT hand rims. The top surface is grippy but the flat outer surface isn't which can make slowing down easier. I've been using them for three months.

Comment

Thus far you guys were right when you warned my Rosie optimist view.

I am not happy at the moment with nu motion. In NC,

communication lacking. Basically starting the process again. Would not have known anything if I hadn't called. And, their notes are either incorrect or non existent .

I looked into consolidating and getting catheters through them too. Disaster! I had to call my previous co. McKesson asap.

Anyway, I have called a meeting with my PT and the nu motion rep together . At this point I don't trust nu motion.
                        Non-traumatic SCI. Art, Poetry, and the Great Outdoors; these are my passions. My motto: Paint much love, always ~ Connie

Comment

Numotion Ohio and Kentucky have huge problems. I think the main problem is that Numotion (national) has negotiated numerous exclusivity contracts with health insurers (including workers' comp). I theorize they got these exclusivity arrangements by promising to work on such razor thin margins that they are hopelessly understaffed and supersaturated with work. As a result things take far longer than they should and many mistakes are made.

As much as I like some of the Numotion employees in my area, they are a disaster of DME provider.
                          T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Fusion Medical in Essexville Michigan is excellent for urinary supplies. They call me each month to see what I need. The exact supplies necessary arrive the next day. The company is owned by 2 quads, one of whom is constantly organizing athletic and other activities to get others with disabilities out in the community enjoying life.

Comment

Customer Service at Indemedical.com is pretty fantastic

Hey all - just a quick shout-out to Nick and Indemedical for taking the sting out of a bad purchasing mistake I made. I recently ordered a new set of Marathon Plus Evolution tires. I had never ordered from them before, but they were a few dollars cheaper than my regular supplier, so I figured I'd give them a go.

When the box arrived, I realized I had ordered 22" instead of 24" tires. I've never even seen these sold in 22" before! Anyways, their website has a very clear disclaimer that they are unable to accept returns for Schwalbe tires, and to double-check your measurements before you order.

I didn't have much hope, but I emailed them anyways, and Nick called me the next day, offering to sell me the correct size at cost. He didn't have to do that, as it was entirely my fault.

So, they were the cheapest I saw, and had great customer service. And their shipping was wicked fast to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by steveg View Post
                                My Ti-Lite TRc is over 8 years old and the frame cracked about a year or so ago. Ti-Lite stepped up and replaced the frame free of charge per the warranty and got me the new one pretty quickly.

i had a tilite in 2001 they dd the same for me in 2014 new frame

Comment

Working...
                                X