Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NuMotion of South Bend, Indiana. They were formerly United Seating and Mobility.

The entire office is staffed with awesome people. The seating guy is James Bond. Previous clients have given him James Bond movie memorabilia. He is a go getter and loves to fight and win with insurance. The entire office is like that. Jennifer is the insurance coordinator. Judy is the office manager. Dale and Dennis are the repair guys. These two are awesome. If you call in the morning they will try their hardest to fix it that day. They will even come to you if they can. Almost every issue I've had has been fixed same day.

James has stopped spec'ing out Sunrise Medical products and has switched completely over to TiLite. He also works with Permobil and is stopping with Pride and Quantum products. He also still does Invacare products as well.
    Mimi

Comment

Updated notes on Tennessee. Holland Medical has closed their Chattanooga office. So, I was their last client. Randy Blackwell, their ATP out of Chattanooga fitted and measured me very well on my TiLite Aero Z wheelchair. I will have to go elsewhere for service and parts. So, Carr Rehab in Knoxville will likely be my service people. I do love my wheelchair but it is 2 weeks old so no comments yet on long term reliability.

Comment

I live in R.I and am looking for a good dme. Don't use Majors Medical they are incompetent boobs that don't know anything about wheelchairs or customer service.They really take advantage of the system

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and didn't find a forum where you introduce yourself, so I'll just jump in. I live in Cleveland, Ohio and it's time for a new chair. From what I've read, I'm staying away from Health Aid of Ohio and Millers.
          Has anybody had any recent experiences with DME suppliers. Good and bad. I'm totally housebound, so they have to come to me. Also want to "test drive" some before deciding for sure.

I've been researching wheelchairs for months and I'm just plain confused by all of it. I've already been sent a PT who is brand new and I know more than she does. She is not SMS or ATP certified, and I specifically said they had to be (sigh) I'm ready for a fight, but I'm
          already tired and frustrated.

Has anybody dealt with NuMotion AKA United Seating and Mobility in Parma? My therapist called them early yesterday and no reply by late afternoon. That doesn't sound good. I guess there is a TiLite rep in this area, guess I need to get ahold of him. I sent a
          private message to a guy on the forums who seems to know a lot about TiLite, but no answer. I forgot his user name, but he also is in Cleveland.

Any info. suggestions, how to start the ball rolling ideas..anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

K9

Ban the DEED, NOT the BREED

Ban the DEED,Not the BREED!

Comment

united seating is terrible. health aid is worse. millers has really gotten a lot better in the last several years. I should re-review them. peer support is the only way to learn anything. ask here in equipment forum. I will be speaking up your way mid march. pm me if I can help.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
              united seating is terrible. health aid is worse. millers has really gotten a lot better in the last several years. I should re-review them. peer support is the only way to learn anything. ask here in equipment forum. I will be speaking up your way mid march. pm me if I can help.

Thanks for responding. Peer support is why I decided to join. There's so much helpful info. You guys are full of knowledge, tips and even humor. Where are you speaking? Wish I could come. If you think of anything or a dealer contact, let me know.
              Cleveland sucks, I hate the city.
              K9
              Ban the DEED,Not the BREED!

Comment

I've been using EdgePark for my DME for catheters. They deliver once a month and have been good to deal with. I've been using Sportaid for wheelchair parts. I'm currently working with ATG to replace my aging 13 year old TiSports XC chair. Last week I had a seating evaluation at Moss Rehab and the folks there were very friendly and thorough. Going with a TiLite TX this time and a J2 pad.
                T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

Someone who has free time should try to quantify all these posts in a useful ranking.

I am a huge Sportaid fan. I know they don't do insurance billing so they are not a good fit for everyone but if you need something fast, they are ones to get it for you.

Comment

Please take the time to view www.indemedical.com. For clients that don't have insurance and are out of pocket for their catheters and so forth we cater specifically to you. I am Nick Mireles co-owner of Independent Medical. We started our company over three years ago after working for the first and biggest internet medical supplier in the nation for several years. Over time we realized that customer service is a lost art. We specialize in customer service for the simple fact, we ourselves are chair users. We know that our monthly supplies is not a comfort and convenience but a necessity. We don't have the associated costs of having to hire professional insurance Billers so our overhead is low. This allows us to offer the most competitive pricing on catheters. Please take the time to view our website and you will find that all of our catheters are the most competitive in the nation. Especially if your in the market for a new light weight wheelchair cash pay. I can assure you you will get the best pricing from me personally. If I am posting in the wrong forum for DME in advance if the webmaster will inform me, I will post in the proper forum. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by K9Sports View Post
                      Hi, I'm new here and didn't find a forum where you introduce yourself, so I'll just jump in. I live in Cleveland, Ohio and it's time for a new chair. From what I've read, I'm staying away from Health Aid of Ohio and Millers.
                      Has anybody had any recent experiences with DME suppliers. Good and bad. I'm totally housebound, so they have to come to me. Also want to "test drive" some before deciding for sure.
                      I've been researching wheelchairs for months and I'm just plain confused by all of it. I've already been sent a PT who is brand new and I know more than she does. She is not SMS or ATP certified, and I specifically said they had to be (sigh) I'm ready for a fight, but I'm
                      already tired and frustrated.

Has anybody dealt with NuMotion AKA United Seating and Mobility in Parma? My therapist called them early yesterday and no reply by late afternoon. That doesn't sound good. I guess there is a TiLite rep in this area, guess I need to get ahold of him. I sent a
                      private message to a guy on the forums who seems to know a lot about TiLite, but no answer. I forgot his user name, but he also is in Cleveland.

Any info. suggestions, how to start the ball rolling ideas..anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

K9

Ban the DEED, NOT the BREED

There are a couple of dealers in your area who deal with TiLite. I've attached their info. Hope this helps.
                      NUMOTION BROOKLYN HEIGHTS
                      850 RESOURCE DRIVE
                      BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, OH
                      phone: 216.520.4980

HEALTH AID OF OHIO
                      5230 HAUSERMAN ROAD
                      PARMA, OH
                      phone: 216.252.3900
                      TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

united seating sucks in stlouis didn't have a solid back to demo and messed up my chair acted like whatever he had he had or just o well kept telling me we don't have this or I don't deal with that
                        to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Good thread.

Comment

Presque Isle Orthopedic Laboratory & Medical Technologies in Erie, Pennsylvania. For those of you who may not know, that is in the Northwestern corner of the state.

Judging by my experience(s), you'd be better off finding a giant sheet, waiting for a strong gust of wind, and hoping it takes hold and drops you off where you need to go.

To be fair, my main dealings with them took place 8 years ago, and from what I understand the guy who ran the place has since left, but holy shit, it was awful.

It began when I was in the hospital, after having a spinal cord tumor (T-11 - T-12, caused by Neurosarcoidosis) removed. They were called in by my patient advocate (who, by the way, was amazing) to supply my wheelchair, which I needed before being discharged so I could go home. A man named Bob -- whose name I will never forget because he repeatedly said "I'm Bob; if you need me, I'll be around -- like a donut" ad nauseum -- came to do my measuring and ordering. He was very nice, but I came to find he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

I got the chair, and was never comfortable, but assumed it was because I wasn't used to using a wheelchair. Fast forward to present day, I now know the reason for my lack of comfort was that the chair is fitted FOR SOMEONE WHO HAD BOTH OF THEIR LEGS AMPUTATED! The wheels are six inches too far back; it would take too long to list everything wrong with it.

Also, now that I know a little about how this works, I realize he also made sure to order upgrades on things that were not necessary. Large rear wheels with intense tread, HUGE front wheels, etc.

Now, Bob was the one did the measuring and ordering, but the man who was in charge of the company is the one who delivered the chair. He said it turned out great, wished me luck and sent me on my way. Take note of this, because it comes back into play shortly. His name was Jim.

So, after 5 or so years went by, I started to look into getting a new chair. I'm from a very small town, and because of that, I had no idea where to go. I called them. They asked if I had ever dealt with them before, I told them yes, that I had dealt with Bob and then Jim. An appointment was made to see Jim. I spoke to him on the phone, and he assured me they had "tons" of chairs for me to try, lots of options, etc. It was going to be great and they were going to help me.

So, when it came time for the appointment, there was literally one chair to try; which, after having me sit in it for maybe 3 minutes, he was already trying to move on to the next phase of ordering. Also, when I arrived, he asked who had sold me that chair, outright telling me it was completely wrong for me. I told him he had sold it to me, reminding him of the entire situation 5 years prior. He then went on to tell me that they fired Bob shortly thereafter because he was "screwing up all of his orders."

So, they knew he was screwing up, but didn't think they should go back and check in with people to make sure their chairs were OK. Also, he was way more interested in telling me about how he dated the only paraplegic model to ever be featured in PLAYBOY(?!) -- in front of my mother, mind you -- than actually answering my questions about chairs. Sorry, the chair. His only passion was being a businessman, not helping people.

There's a little more, but you get the point.

Maybe my experience was a rarity. For others' sakes, I hope to hell so. But, for a review, that's all I have to go on, and I would feel terrible if someone could've been helped and I didn't say anything. Their staff may be top notch today, but I would be cautious until you know for sure.

P.S. - Jim apparently left to start some sort of software company. Obviously, this is my personal opinion, but if you ever have to deal with someone named Jim Nolan, don't.
                            Last edited by User Name; 10 Aug 2014, 9:21 PM.

Comment

DO NOT EVER USE NUMOTION IN FORT WAYNE OR INDIANAPOLIS.

And my first post in this thread was a positive for United Seating and Mobility in Indianapolis, which is now NuMotion. Ever since the changeover they've been horrible. And now I was forced to work with NuMotion out of Fort Wayne (against my will) by vocational rehabilitation, and dare I say they've been even worse. I've been working with Mark Berron who has been awful. If things shape up, I will remove his name from this thread but as of now things have been horrific and I feel bad enough to list him by name. I'm too furious to tell the whole story unbiased right now, so I will come back to edit that in as well.
                              Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Stephen @ Bike-on

Long story short....I have been injured 26 years this year but all that time has been spent walking with braces and a cane/forearm crutches.

I have been literally sick to my stomach trying to figure out how and what to order for my first chair. My injury level has changed so it is time I have to go to a chair for daily living and walking distances.

I was hesitant to ask anyone because I was going through a DME at Craig hospital.

So they should know what I need and be able to order an appropriate chair right???? There is only so much knowledge that can be gained or known about the needs of a paralyzed patient by people who have not lived it. Craig is an OUTSTANDING facility and they are the most knowledgeable place I have ever received treatment. So this is not meant as derogatory against my physical therapist in any way. She was amazing at her job and suggesting things to meet my needs.

However, some of the knowledge we need only comes with experience. They suggested a Ti Lite chair but I was worried about moving parts and the ability to last and stand up to an active user. Plus I can still move my legs so I wanted to be able to foot propel. I also do not want removeable foot plates. Experience with my braces has taught me the more moving parts there are to equipment, the bigger risk of failure.

So I messaged Stephen Feldman on Facebook. I saw a wheelchair that he posted to his timeline and had no idea that he actually worked at http://bike-on.com/ .He called me yesterday and then sent me some emails. The exact information that I needed. I cannot thank him enough for taking time to help me.

Ordering a chair and equipment is or should be the equivalent of shopping for a car. So many great, mediocre, and really bad products out there. I won't compare Stephen to a used car salesman....lol

But if I were.....and he just sold me a car....I would say it was a great experience and he has lots of knowledge lol

However, he took quite an amount of time to find some things and send me emails on things that I had not even considered that may effect life and the chair down the road. He didn't sell me a thing....nor even suggested it.

But I have a lot more knowledge today than I did yesterday on what is available to make this "life transition" a better one and get the most out of this aging SCI life as I can.

I hope everyone could have that knowledge before making such a life transition. Some things can only be learned by experience from those who have lived it.
                                T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X