Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheelchair backs

hi people,

could yall suggest some backs for me to look at, preferably rigid ones about medium sized or smaller. Any quads who use smaller backs have problems with support? smaller the better i say but there's always a trade off of support. i want to trial as many backs as i can cause thats where my only problem is, BACK PAIN lower/lumber area.

right now i have a roho jet stream pro back which is just too big they only have two sizes, this and a much smaller one which i think id fall out of they dont have a medium sized one which is ashame.

im waiting on my trial chairs Ti Lite TR and ZR but im leaning more towards the TR cause its smaller and lighter than the ZR.

So if yall could help so i can discuss these with my O.T who thinks she knows better that be great

cherio
    Last edited by ~McLovin~; 27 Apr 2009, 12:25 PM.
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

I've got a Ti Lite Aero Z with a Jay 3 back (mid thoracic) and it works well. I'm C6/C7 and the Jay 3 adjusts quite a bit. I've slowly been lowering it as my balance and strength have gotten better. I've got no real complaints with it.

Comment

Ti Lite

My son has a Ti Lite chair (C5/C6) and he started with a power chair than a soft back but is now using a hard back j-medium height that is adjustable as he too has an issue with leaning forward so this was recommended for adjust ability and better support.

Comment

I also have a TiLite Aero Z with a J3 mid thoracic back support. I have a pronounced lumbar lordosis (fused) and the J3 contours to my back perfectly. I love that it has extra foam inserts to velcro in so that IT will fit YOU perfectly rather than your body trying to conform to it. It fits wonderfully on my chair and looks good too . Here are a couple pictures of it on my chair.
        ~Mandy~
        SCI as a result of spinal surgery
        TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ~McLovin~ View Post
          hi people,

could yall suggest some backs for me to look at, preferably rigid ones about medium sized or smaller. Any quads who use smaller backs have problems with support? smaller the better i say but there's always a trade off of support. i want to trial as many backs as i can cause thats where my only problem is, BACK PAIN lower/lumber area.

right now i have a roho jet stream pro back which is just too big they only have two sizes, this and a much smaller one which i think id fall out of they dont have a medium sized one which is ashame.

im waiting on my trial chairs Ti Lite TR and ZR but im leaning more towards the TR cause its smaller and lighter than the ZR.

So if yall could help so i can discuss these with my O.T who thinks she knows better that be great

cherio
          off topic. are you getting god of war III? if not, take a look at it, cause its siiiick.

Comment

The Jetstream Pro back does come in 13" now. There is 10", 13", or 16.5". The websites don't list the 13" yet.

ADI also will make one at a custom height. They are the company that makes the Jetstream Pro back. Make sure you demo a lower one. I tried to go about 1.5 or 2" shorter and I'm not liking it. I either will raise this back up or go back to what size I'm use to.
            Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I run a Matrix PB Elite, 12", with a split bracket around the rigidizer bar. It supports well, is comfortable, and doesn't push forward.
              I'm c6-7 function a year out and can balance well with it, hope it all works out.

Good luck!
              When trains meet motorcycles, the motorcycle always loses.

Comment

Originally posted by november View Post
                The Jetstream Pro back does come in 13" now. There is 10", 13", or 16.5". The websites don't list the 13" yet.

ADI also will make one at a custom height. They are the company that makes the Jetstream Pro back. Make sure you demo a lower one. I tried to go about 1.5 or 2" shorter and I'm not liking it. I either will raise this back up or go back to what size I'm use to.
                yeah i checked at the roho site after i started this thread and to my surprise i saw medium sized backs and so i contacted them to make sure only because my o.t said they didnt make them i wonder where my o.t is getting her info.

Comment

Originally posted by Imight View Post
                  off topic. are you getting god of war III? if not, take a look at it, cause its siiiick.
                  yeah bro played the first two and enjoyed it, saw the trailer for 3 awhile ago and it looks meaaan, i see u online but u aint playing anything. i ordered resistance 2 but it gt lost in the mail lol

Comment

Originally posted by ~McLovin~ View Post
                    yeah bro played the first two and enjoyed it, saw the trailer for 3 awhile ago and it looks meaaan, i see u online but u aint playing anything. i ordered resistance 2 but it gt lost in the mail lol
                    yea i know. sometimes I accidentally leave my ps3 on, esp at night. not sure if it shows me online when Im watching dvds, but ive been viewing a lot of documentaries lately.

resistance was the lick, but once killzone came out everyone started getting on that instead, but the online play was so damn overrated, too many freaking glitches. I heard they fixed it, but the craze has died down, besides I mostly bought it for the campaign than online play (I really dont play online tbh, unless its resistance or american football) mostly because I have one of the most unusual timezones compared to the rest of the globe. PST =/ so if I do go online I have to log on at like 3am to get traffic.

now the next game up is god of war III which ive never played but when I saw the trailer I was like damn. that and wolverine (sounds cheesy but trust) will be hot ones this year.

lets not even get into bioshock II this summer.

Comment

yeah killzone 2 is sick but i ddnt reaaly like the control layout, game is good but dnt fnk id enjoy it with the control layout.. these days im very selective of my games cause of my quad hands lol. but i definitely hold my own on call of duty waw 24000 kills lol.

im on my second run through of bioshock, working for them ps3 trophies lol...cnt wait for bioshock 2

Comment

I have the same back and cut the top 2" off square in a bandsaw and like it much better. When I lean back I don't roll of to either side. I also glued additional 1/4 pad strips on the side wings, under the pad so it cradles me better.

Comment

ADI Accessible Designs which make the Jetstream Pro now make a 13" high back. Also they have a new aluminum series .
                          I have been using the Jetstream Pro 16" high back and it does not give me the lateral support I need. I am purchasing the med height 13" high aluminum 4" deep contour back w/e clamp mounts. Will let you know if it works out better than the 2.5" deep back.

Comment

I needed a higher back & used: http://sitincomfort.com/obforhig.html They have different heights. Now it's MUCH BETTER!
                            "Let your food be your medicine" - Hippocrates

Comment

Jay GO Wheelchair Back

Has anyone tried the new Jay GO Wheelchair Back?

It looks good and the padding covers the posts so our backs are not pushed up against the posts?

Gary
                              Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X