No announcement yet.

Help with Projections Handrims + Spinergy Wheels [pic inside]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don`t have to give me the thanks, we're here to help each other.

Comment

You all did an excellent job!

The issue isn't the length of the projections but rather the diameter of the handrim. Are your rims greater than 24"? I asked TiLite if they have one "generic" size projection handrim they use no matter whether the rim size is 24", 25" or 26", they said yes. I contacted Oleco about whether or not they can make larger diameter projection handrims for say a 25" rim but I haven't heard back, they were looking into it, as they source the rims from another company.
      C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
        You all did an excellent job!

The issue isn't the length of the projections but rather the diameter of the handrim. Are your rims greater than 24"? I asked TiLite if they have one "generic" size projection handrim they use no matter whether the rim size is 24", 25" or 26", they said yes. I contacted Oleco about whether or not they can make larger diameter projection handrims for say a 25" rim but I haven't heard back, they were looking into it, as they source the rims from another company.
        My handrims is not greater than 24", My wheels are 24, so my rims must have 22". (outside to outside)

The tube diameter is 3/4" (or a little bit less).

Comment

That is very odd that the diameter is so small, looks like someone messed up to me; I have used these plastic coated projection handrims for years and the diameter of all of them is larger than yours. (Mine can be seen in a picture earlier in this thread.

Comment

That is very odd that the diameter is so small, looks like someone messed up to me; I have used these plastic coated projection handrims for years and the diameter of all of them is larger than yours. (Mine can be seen in a picture earlier in this thread.
            May be I didn't understand you question, let me try again:

Do you wanna know the diameter of my handrims? is it?
            (outside to outside)

Comment

I don't really have a question ChriZ, but rather stating I don't understand why they sent such a small diameter handrim on your chair in the first place.

Comment

I don't really have a question ChriZ, but rather stating I don't understand why they sent such a small diameter handrim on your chair in the first place.
                When I ordered at Tilite, I just choosed "projection handrims" without any particular or custom specification ... I really didn't know about this possibilities, and I imagined my old handrims brazilian made.

Comment

Humm, this concerns me for the future if I order projection rims with Spinergy rims from TiLIte!

Comment

Brianm,
                    I think that the "issue" that ChriZ had was not the DIAMETER of the handrim but rather the LENGTH of the projections. As you can see in your picture vs. ChriZ's picture, your projections appear to be longer in length and therefore easier to catch when pushing. If I understand correctly ChriZ is wanting to get longer projections so that he is able to propel easier.

(Sorry if my assumption is incorrect)
                    ~Mandy~
                    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
                    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
                      Brianm,
                      I think that the "issue" that ChriZ had was not the DIAMETER of the handrim but rather the LENGTH of the projections. As you can see in your picture vs. ChriZ's picture, your projections appear to be longer in length and therefore easier to catch when pushing. If I understand correctly ChriZ is wanting to get longer projections so that he is able to propel easier.

(Sorry if my assumption is incorrect)
                      that's it, exactly.

Comment

Wow, chriZ, you did a great job constructing your projections! They look really nice! Way to go! Glad you got it solved so cheaply as well!

p.s. CurvySATO5, Brianm may be concerned about the diameter also because of the way he grasps the rim as well as the projections. But I have plastic coated and chriZ's rims don't look narrower than usual to me.
                        Last edited by Lynne; 28 May 2009, 6:25 PM. Reason: added p.s.

Comment

chriZ, I just read this whole thread and looked at your pictures. What a fantastic job you did, and at a great cost too. Good job!

Comment

It doesn't much matter anymore, he has what he wants/needs and did a very good job.

(What I was getting at though was that while the projections needed to be longer, as he has the short ones, I had those for a short time long ago and didn't like them either, but the diameter of the the handrim seems quite small to me as well, compared to mine. So a combination of longer projections and larger diameter handims would have been better from the start. Lets say he could use the small projections, they were way smaller in diameter to the wheel.)

Comment

Working...
                            X