X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered black McDuff

Comment

congrats on the chair, it looks good.
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Comment

thats a pretty slick chair you got there my man.
        T6/T7 Incomplete Since June 7th 2008
        Walking part-time with KAFOs & Walker
        *Never Quit Pushing*

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=20290962

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Man, it is amazing the difference some small changes can make.

I took the backrest canes down 3 holes, judging by scratches, the DME had taken them up 2 from factory, to install the backrest. They now clear my shoulders/arms completely on a stroke.

I moved the backrest hardware from the upper/inner back cane, to the outer sleeve, putting at the very top. Now acts like another clamp for the canes. I then slid the vertical adjustment on the backrest, from the very top, to the very bottom. Worked like a champ, put my backrest at a much better spot, down about 1.5" from before. And the fold down handles clear all hardware, barely.

Then I slid the backrest back and angled it just a touch, at first too much. Just this movement gives me much better stroke on the wheel. And, my legs are way more comfortable, moving back about an inch relieved some angle I guess.

Here's a couple new pics:

Man that was weird. Had to upload these two pics to my main album in Photobucket to get them to show.

The adjustment saga continues...

another edit: oh yeah, I dropped the armrests one hole, much better

yet another edit: this is a 13.5" backrest, to give perspective
          Last edited by McDuff; 27 Mar 2009, 9:31 PM.
          "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Nice Chair Buddy! Just like mine!
            Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
            "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
              Thanks Guys.

Man, it is amazing the difference some small changes can make.

I took the backrest canes down 3 holes, judging by scratches, the DME had taken them up 2 from factory, to install the backrest. They now clear my shoulders/arms completely on a stroke.

I moved the backrest hardware from the upper/inner back cane, to the outer sleeve, putting at the very top. Now acts like another clamp for the canes. I then slid the vertical adjustment on the backrest, from the very top, to the very bottom. Worked like a champ, put my backrest at a much better spot, down about 1.5" from before. And the fold down handles clear all hardware, barely.

Then I slid the backrest back and angled it just a touch, at first too much. Just this movement gives me much better stroke on the wheel. And, my legs are way more comfortable, moving back about an inch relieved some angle I guess.

Here's a couple new pics:

WTF is up with Photobucket, pics to come.

The adjustment saga continues...
              Can't view the pic (might be because the VA blocks Photobucket) but it sounds like you did all the things I thought about. Minor adjustments can do a lot on a titanium cantilevered frame. I would also want someone to spot me going into a lowered floor minivan with a new chair. There is a lot at stake if you don't have tippers and get it wrong.

You can move the adjustable tension seat upholstery back another 1/2-3/4" or so on the frame if you feel you need a tad more space between the back of your knees and the edge of the upholstery. That is what I did with mine if you look up any recent pics.

Look forward to seeing today's pic later on when I get home.

Comment

another irishman here. that green is da bomb, mc'duff.

Comment

congrats dude!
                  nice chair, good color combinations.
                  this weekend I'll tune mine, some changes like advance COG, adjust backrest angle, etc...

Comment

I have the same wheel, handrim setup on my Aero Z. The handrims are very slippery when wet. That is definitely a cool lookin chair... I really like the green accents. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
                      Good looking chair, for sure.

I still haven't even ordered mine. Been trying but hasn't happened. I don't think that's a bad thing though. Because I think I want to go 80 degree front end instead of 85. That 5 degrees makes a big difference I think.
                      good move Dave the 85 on the Tilite is a little too far back for me, one foot slides forward easily.

sharp chair mcduff!
                      Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
                        Random - well thank you. I'm a poet and didn't even know it. Hate the front shot of me though, shows how fat I am. Partly blaming Lyrica, started it ~2months ago, weight has packed on since. May have to get off it. ...
                        McDuff,
                        Neurontin did the same to me. I was taking only a very low dose. I weaned off over the course of months, and still it nearly destroyed me (and knocked me back to 96 pounds-- age 10 probably). So please talk to your doctor and be careful.

Comment

McDuff,

Nice ride! I really like the green

Comment

A lot of Irish, or Irish lovers, here. Thanks all. I just ordered new casters from Sportaid in gold, hope they look as good IRL.

Random - yeah I will ween off slowly, problem is it seems to help some. decisions, decisions...

SCI_OTR - if you come back to this, on page 1 there are 2 pics in my post now.

Leschinsky - do you have a lot of trouble with it? Hope it's not bad enough for regrets, that would suck.
                            "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Wow that's great!
                              Send me your email and I'll send you an actual picture of all the colors offered on the anodized hubs Frogleg casters. Then you can see them before you purchase. I have swatches of each too they sent me. (ETA: haha i didn't see your above post until after i posted)

I got the 4x1.5" softrolls and am curious to see how they roll and if they don't get hung up on things like the 1" do. I'll swap them out for anodized Froglegs, just not sure what color yet until I see my chair IRL.

Overall does the chair itself push easier? I demo chairs that roll like the wind and then always get stuck with something that feels like a tank. I think I made the right tire and wheel choices this time around though. It has got to be better or I may just swap them out for grey air tires. What tires do you have there? I like black, but you can't find regular airs in black.
                              Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                                Looks like all the ingredients are there, McDuff, but I agree that your access to the pushrim is limited.

Because you have the J3 back on the back posts, your effective COG is about 1-1.5" less than your actual spec because the J3's shell is about that far in front of the back posts.

Nice chair McDuff.

Hi SCI_OTR

I don`t understand very well, but i think that there is a problem with the back.
                                I saw that in USA you use a lot of those kind of backs, here in Spain you can`t see them, i only Know of one who have got it, and he said that they are very good, so probably i`ll put a J3 in my ZR.

I`ve got a L1 and i`m an active person, i was thinking in order the COG in my ZR with 3", so if i put this back, i have to order it with more COG?

But i`m going to put the little one, like the pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X