Schwalbe Marathon Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwalbe Marathon Tires

Anybody running these tires? They are rated to 145 psi. Whats the best psi to run them at? I was thinking 110 or higher ...

I just got them on spinergy LX's with "double stuff" Pushblack handrims
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

They are very good because you are not going to a have a puncture never, but they are bit heavy.

http://www.schwalbe.com/gbl/en/wheel...produktgruppe/

Comment

They are nice on snow and ice but I prefer the usual grey ones in summer. I have 145 inside
      Last edited by woman from Europe; 03-22-2009, 10:18 AM.
      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I love the Shwalbes but only fill them to 110 because while I trust the tires I don't think the Chinese tubes I buy match up.

Comment

those are the 1 inch ones, right?
          i fill them to 120 psi.
          these tires are a must for nyc.

Comment

I've been running one pair of Marathon Evo's since May of 2008. I top off to 145psi once a week. Never had a flat and the tread is still in OK shape. The tread is a bit "fuzzy" and almost ready for replacing, but for almost 1 year they've been awesome.
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

you actually need the keep the psi up high to maintain the puncture protection... the 'strip' is a bit like foam, and it only gets rigid and impenetratable when the pressure is up there

Comment

These Marathon Plus Evolutions are heavy?

I ordered them on my new wc because I thought they would be light and roll like air tires, but still be pretty puncture proof. I've only had solid tires and they are like pushing a tank. I currently use the black KIK solids.
                Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by november View Post

I ordered them on my new wc because I thought they would be light and roll like air tires, but still be pretty puncture proof. I've only had solid tires and they are like pushing a tank. I currently use the black KIK solids.
                  They aren't as heavy as the KIK.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I've been using the Marathon Plus tires this winter and it was amazingly easy to push on ice and snow compared to slick tires. I have also run over glass and no flats. I fill my tires to 145psi because the rolling resistence is much lower making it easier to push yourself and the chair. Definitely the best tires I've used thus far. I plan to buy the RightRun tires for the summer.
                    Never Give Up!

Comment

Same as DaleB. I did have one blow out when I left my rear wheels in the back seat of my car exposed to the sun all day when the temp was in the mid-90's. It must of made one heck of a bang.

Comment

I had my one wheel blow out when I sitting on the couch watching tv. It made a large Bang and it made my body jump. It was loud!
                        Never Give Up!

Comment

Originally posted by november View Post

One Marathon plus 24" weight 1.23 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                            One Marathon plus 24" weight 1.23 lbs.
                            Do RightRun tires look like that too?
                            Never Give Up!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbleChef View Post
                              Do RightRun tires look like that too?
                              No, they said in their tires, that have a punchtire protection, but not like the marathon because they are much lighter, i can`t tell you exactelly, but around 0.66lbs.

I,ve got a pair of old right runs tires in my garage, i`ll cut them and i`ll put the pic for you can see the puchtire protection.

Comment

Working...
                              X