ez lock problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ez lock problem

My ez lock is failing to open every 20 or so releases. It seems to be just hanging up a little bit. It's eight years old and I don't see pronounced hooking on the lock, but there is a lot of metal dust so something must be worn. I have a call into the local dealer, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this and what the remedy is?

I would imagine some lube would be in order. Not sure what type they would recommend though.

And blowing that metal dust out with a can of compressed air could help too.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

My son has the same problem! It's always acting up and his is only 2 yrs. old! He is a quad with some hand function and keeps a small handle (from a mop) in his van so that he can manually release the lock if he needs to.

Comment

EZ Lock

My experience with EZ Lock is that it requires routine maintenance. Clean the moving parts and lube with a dry Teflon-type lube that does dot attract dust and debris. Recently I got a new Toyota Seinna equipped with Permalock system. I went with this system because the plunger that locks into the floor-mounted Permalock has a rec tractable plunger, giving me a lot more road/floor clearance in my chair.
        You C.A.N.
        Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Working...
        X