Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a quad drink water while on a turning matress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a quad drink water while on a turning matress?

I thought I saw it on here before. I have been searching but can't find any info. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Jack

I use a insulated hydration pack strapped to the railing of my hospital bed.
    I fill it with ice at bedtime and the water stays cold till morning.
    The drinking tube with a bite valve will not spill and you can drink in practically any position.
    I added a longer plastic tube.
    Campmor also has a cleaning kit which is very handy and a tube extender kit.
    Search under Camelbak accessories.
    Here's one that would be easy to use.

The Camelbak StoAway insulated hydration system. They come in a couple of sizes.

www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___67598
    Last edited by forestranger52; 14 Mar 2009, 5:36 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I use a piece of air tube for a fish tank and have it running into a cup with a lid on it. That way I can suck water through the straw. When I'm done sucking the water through the straw, I make sure to blow it back into the cup so that it doesn't siphon all over the bed. It's worked for me for many years now.
      C-5/6, 7-9-2000
      Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

where do i buy a bite valve

Comment

A motorcycle shop will sell a camel back--30 oz plastic bladder in a canvas bag with a plastic bite tip. You bite and suck.

Comment

The bite valve comes attached to the drinking tube of the hydration system.
            It's on the end and sometimes they come with a cover to help keep them clean.
            C 5/6 Comp.
            No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

bite valves

Bite valves also available through military supply websites such as US Cavalry, Blackhawk, etc. Also try Army/Navy Surplus, gun/hunting shops, as they also sell Camelbak and other hydration supplies.
              HTH,
              SeabeeMom

Comment

Working...
              X