carbon fiber wheelchairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbon fiber wheelchairs

Somebody know something about this wheelchairs?

http://images.google.es/imgres?imgur...%3Des%26sa%3DN

Futurechairs is gone, I think. IIRC, one of the 2 partners sold the company out from underneath the other. There is a detailed thread here, in the equipment forum, but its seems down right now.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I think the carbon chair idea went badly. Not durable enough. Many failures reported so the industry seems to have dropped the idea, entirely. Maybe I'm wrong, anyone know different?
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Here's the thread I was talking about.

Comment

Ahhh...after selling his partner out (hearsay), the FutureChairs guy took his design to Cyclone.

Comment

back in the day invacare had i carbon fiber ride, called the fx. remember that one daler. i had one, destroyed it quickly throwing in/out of car.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
              I think the carbon chair idea went badly. Not durable enough.

I think the same, that chairs look very nice but a titanium frame is more durable.
              With that frames you have to be very carefully

Comment

Working...
              X