Portable ramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable ramps

I'm looking for a portable ramp that will fit behind the backseat of a Honda Odyssey minivan. Not for use to get into the van, just to go up 2-3 steps. Must be able to hold a power w/c and a 200 pound person. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Google suitcase ramps.. Here is a good site with many. I recommend no less than a 4' ramp.

http://www.portable-wheelchair-ramps...FQGbnAodp2HG1g

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

or http://www.handiramp.com/SuitcaseRamps.htm

Comment

I've found best choices and prices at discountramps.com

Comment

There are many, many choices (a good thing and a bad thing). we are looking for a ramp that can be folded and ported in a regular-size trunk. it will be use by someone pushing person in a manual wheelchair. Does anyone have experience in selecting proper:

1. ramp length (for going up 2-3 steps)
          2. number of folds?
          3. manageable weight? - have seen some aluminum ones that are almost 50 lbs! this would be very difficult to get in and out of a car

also, has anyone had a wooden ramp built for portable use?

Comment

Originally posted by jlobel View Post
            There are many, many choices (a good thing and a bad thing). we are looking for a ramp that can be folded and ported in a regular-size trunk. it will be use by someone pushing person in a manual wheelchair. Does anyone have experience in selecting proper:

1. ramp length (for going up 2-3 steps)
            2. number of folds?
            3. manageable weight? - have seen some aluminum ones that are almost 50 lbs! this would be very difficult to get in and out of a car

also, has anyone had a wooden ramp built for portable use?
            Go to the link I posted.. has all your answers right there. A 4' is what you need for 2-3 steps, 1 fold with a handle, 20 lbs. and will fit in a trunk. A wooden ramp would be too heavy and not near as strong as aluminum.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Working...
            X