TR Brake Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TR Brake Mount

Finaly found where I had tossd the brakes that came with my new TiLite TR. The receivers that hold the brakes to the frame were factory installed on the bottom of the upper frame rail.

My old chair had scissors brakes that stay out of the way, but are hard to set and release.

The new brakes set high and I feared braking my fingers if I spaced when pushing hard.

A little fiddling produced a solution I like.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

nice fix, man! i've wondered before why they aren't mounted on the bottom rail from the factory. seems like a better solution, for sure. how's the reach down to them?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

The reach is easy for me. That it may be hard for some is probably one reason why the factory puts them higher.

Also, my 3.5 C.O.G. is near the max that you could have with the brakes as I have them.
      Originally posted by Daleb View Post
      nice fix, man! i've wondered before why they aren't mounted on the bottom rail from the factory. seems like a better solution, for sure. how's the reach down to them?
      Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Working...
      X