• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just painted the toilet black
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by 9000ft View Post
      Anyone have a clever idea for removing the black scuffs that titanium leaves on the front edge of the toilet when you bump it in your chair?
      As in medicine, well all things really, treat the cause not the symptom (result).

Can you put that clear plastic(?) stuff they use on bike tanks and such on the offending part of your chair?

Comment

Pumice stone! Used it many times.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_runner View Post
          As in medicine, well all things really, treat the cause not the symptom (result).

Can you put that clear plastic(?) stuff they use on bike tanks and such on the offending part of your chair?
          I now have handlebar tape on the part of my chair that was hitting the underside of the toilet, but did not know about pumice stone until I saw this thread. It will be useful in my kitchen sink, too. Comet was once the cleaner for such things because it had abrasive in it. No it is useless as it is made without the abrasive so people can use it on their vinyl showers and such.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_runner View Post
            This is easy to find online under the name "helicopter tape". I use it under the doors of my van, on the front of kitchen appliances, corners going into the elevator and on other furniture. It's pretty much invisible after application and works great. You could apply it either to the toilet or to the chair where it rubs against the toilet.

Comment

SOS soap pad would probably work.

Comment

Working...
              X