Tilite tr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilite tr

ok I have to brag about the excellent deal I just got as long as it's as nice as it looks. I bought a like new one on ebay, plus it has spox spinergy wheels. It has natural fit rims tho which might not work and no swing away arms but I did want to improve my balance Anyone know if I can rig my quickie 2 arms to it if I need to?

I didn't need to spend the $ but I'm considering it a b day present!
    Last edited by leschinsky; 23 Sep 2008, 10:51 PM.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Originally posted by leschinsky
    ok I have to brag about the excellent deal I just got, as long as it's as nice as it looks. I bought a like new one on ebay, plus it has spox wheels. It has natural fit rims tho which might not work and no swing away arms but I did want to improve my balance Anyone know if I can rig my quickie 2 arms to it if I need to?

I didn't need to spend the $ but I'm considering it a b day present!
    I can't see your wc. I have no arms on my wc and at first I thought I would put them back on but you get used to not having them on, I'm sure it'll be the same for you.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

HHHMmmmm guys, she's asking for helpwith a quickie for her b-day??

Comment

here it is, it was $750. from an estate sale. I'll lower the back and need side guards. I cannot believe I didn't get to ask the front frame angle, I'm using 85 degrees now I hope it's close!

fishin I expect more than a quickie for my b day

Comment

Nice looking chair, ya, I'd say a 85 degree angle nose, thats what mine is and it looks similiar. Not hard to retrofit side guards. there is a little mount that goes on the frame tube and they just slide into it, the plastic or aluminum work fine. Should not be too much money for them. Those wheels are nice too, same ones I have, really like them, very smooth riding and pushing. Looks like a fairly high backrest that should work out good for your level of injury. I think you are going to be comfortable in the chair once you get everything adjusted right for you. Might want to get somebody knowlegable with chairs to it up for you so everything feels good. From looking at the pic, the dump is about how I have my chair, as long as the front end does not feel too light so you have to worry about going over backwards.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Nice chair!

That's a sweet deal!

Comment

Nice find. I love finding a deal on ebay/craigslist.

Comment

Amazing deal. Just the wheels cost almost as much as you paid for the entire chair.
                "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
                -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It looks like the wheels have the "Natural Fit" wide hand rims like I've got. They are nice but maybe a bit heavier? It's worth it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee
                    Nice looking chair, ya, I'd say a 85 degree angle nose, thats what mine is and it looks similiar. Not hard to retrofit side guards. there is a little mount that goes on the frame tube and they just slide into it, the plastic or aluminum work fine. Should not be too much money for them. Those wheels are nice too, same ones I have, really like them, very smooth riding and pushing. Looks like a fairly high backrest that should work out good for your level of injury. I think you are going to be comfortable in the chair once you get everything adjusted right for you. Might want to get somebody knowlegable with chairs to it up for you so everything feels good. From looking at the pic, the dump is about how I have my chair, as long as the front end does not feel too light so you have to worry about going over backwards.
                    cool that's what I thought.

The back is too high but it's adjustable. Unfortunately the dump isn't so I'm not sure the chair will work for me, it's at 4.5". But I can always re-sell it if it doesn't work out - minus the wheels

thanks guys for confirming the sweet deal i got, I love bargains! I seem to have good luck this year, what with my $800. uppertone too.

yeah zero they're natural fit, I hope they work for me as I see most quads seem to prefer the pushblacks. I wonder if the weight is similar, anyone know? I saw sci otr modified his natural fits for more control so I may try his retrofit.

eta the casters are 4" volcanic, can anyone recommend them?
                    Last edited by leschinsky; 28 Sep 2008, 9:34 PM.

Comment

The back is too high but it's adjustable. Unfortunately the dump isn't so I'm not sure the chair will work for me, it's at 4.5". But I can always re-sell it if it doesn't work out - minus the wheels

thanks guys for confirming the sweet deal i got, I love bargains! I seem to have good luck this year, what with my $800. uppertone too.

yeah zero they're natural fit, I hope they work for me as I see most quads seem to prefer the pushblacks. I wonder if the weight is similar, anyone know? I saw sci otr modified his natural fits for more control so I may try his retrofit.

Looks like you got it for a steal. Ti Lites are nice chairs being made out of Titanium. I hope you have or had a happy B'd Day.

Hope you don't have to sell the chair.

Bob

Comment

[...]

nice chair, easy to resell if needed, for a profit i'd imagine.

not really, on the casters. a bit too skinny and love to plant in cracks, etc.

i good 4x1 alum hub would retro fit and work better, IMO.

good luck,
                        dale b.
                        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

leschinsky, are you saying the dump is too much? and if so what will you to remedy the problem. I agree good deal on a nice looking chair.
                          A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

i'm not les...but...that never stopped me before

dump on the TR isn't adjustable.

she could bump the size of the tires up, but the front casters aren't adjustable to compensate, and will be out of alignment. a small price to pay, really.

each bump in tire size 540-559, 559-590, 590-700c will result in a ~.5" increase in rear ride height.

so, 540-700c (the biggest jump) would result in a ~1.5" ride height increase, which would have the casters really out of whack, and it would 'thump' when the casters rotate.
                            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by RAFS
                              Looks like you got it for a steal. Ti Lites are nice chairs being made out of Titanium. I hope you have or had a happy B'd Day.

Hope you don't have to sell the chair.

Bob
                              Thanks it's today actually.

Thanks Dale but for clarification if I go with a bigger wheel size it sounds like the casters being out of alignment would be a big price to pay for less dump? or are you saying it's a small price if the bump in size isn't major?

wtf yeah 4.5'' seems like a lot to me but I've really only used about 1.5'' however I know I need more than that to help with posture and balance. I was going to buy an adjustable chair for that reason but this was such a good deal I knew I could sell it or trade if it doesn't work out for me. what amount of dump do you use [and any other c 5-6s too]?

eta I found this from sci otr: Most C5-6 quads I know have between 3 1/2" to 4 1/2" of seat dump.
                              Last edited by leschinsky; 29 Sep 2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X