No announcement yet.

would you drive from your manual chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ez-Lock crash tests their bracket setup. I wonder if they do it for each application and how high the backrest is?

jbinny, it looks like people would be interested in your product. It's always nice to see a new product. I'd be concerned with the liability issue if someone got hurt when using your mount. Don't go handing them out right away, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Thank

Comment

Originally posted by Extrmmxer
        Very nice. Mine on my chair is the actual EZ Lock setup. Yours looks much cleaner and lighter.
        Thank you, This braket is a only 4.5 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Notwoodward
          i transfer from both a manual and power wc and both are fine without being tied down. sharp corners can make them slide a bit but thery're never out of reach. you should be fine.
          Except that having a piece of equipment that at best weighs 15 or 20 lbs and at worst could weigh hundreds loose in one's vehicle in the event of an accident or even an extreme, evasive maneuver would seem to be a very, bad idea. Anything loose in one's vehicle is likely to become a dangerous, flying projectile in the event of a crash. That includes pets. They deserve to be belted safely in as much as humans do.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
            Except that having a piece of equipment that at best weighs 15 or 20 lbs and at worst could weigh hundreds loose in one's vehicle in the event of an accident or even an extreme, evasive maneuver would seem to be a very, bad idea. Anything loose in one's vehicle is likely to become a dangerous, flying projectile in the event of a crash. That includes pets. They deserve to be belted safely in as much as humans do.

C.
            Yup, you're right, but oh well. It works for me. I can't tie down my chair when I'm by myself.

Comment

I can't tie down my chair when I'm by myself.
              You could easily take a small bungee cord and tie it down.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
                it wouldn't be easy, and i don't think it would make it any safer in an accident, which was the reason for bringing it up originally i think.

Comment

I could do it with quad hands... In a rollover, having it somewhat secure would keep it from becoming a projecticle. You may need to get creative.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Comment

That was my thought. Like you said, it could at least help to contain it in an accident.

C.

Comment

I could do it with quad hands... In a rollover, having it somewhat secure would keep it from becoming a projecticle. You may need to get creative.
                      i really don't think a bungee cord would do anything in an accident, especially with my powerchair. wouldn't it just pop off the first time it gets any slack?

Comment

i really don't think a bungee cord would do anything in an accident, especially with my powerchair. wouldn't it just pop off the first time it gets any slack?
                        I was under the impression you were in a manual, re.. your avatar. A powerchair changes everything. You are in a power and wanting to transfer into a regular seat? As discussed, being in a factory seat is safer, but IMO, driving from your powerchair in a EZ lock is better than having your chair loose ready to land on you in a rollover.

Comment

I was under the impression you were in a manual, re.. your avatar. A powerchair changes everything. You are in a power and wanting to transfer into a regular seat? As discussed, being in a factory seat is safer, but IMO, driving from your powerchair in a EZ lock is better than having your chair loose ready to land on you in a rollover.
                          i transfer from both, mostly my manual though. even in my manual, i doubt a bungee would make a rollover any safer.

Comment

I disagree. Having it secured even a small bit would be better than nothing. Try it out one day and have someone pull on it vigorously and you'll see that it may move some but it'd be much more secure than loose.

Comment

I disagree. Having it secured even a small bit would be better than nothing. Try it out one day and have someone pull on it vigorously and you'll see that it may move some but it'd be much more secure than loose.
                              i guess we both just disagree. i dont think you can compare someone pulling vigorously to the force a chair would experience during an accident. that's why i choose not to use one.

jesse

Comment

i guess we both just disagree. i dont think you can compare someone pulling vigorously to the force a chair would experience during an accident. that's why i choose not to use one.

jesse
                                I'm thinking you're not fully understanding what I'm trying to say.. having your manual affixed to something is much, much better than just sitting there freely to become a projectile. I can guarantee that if you had a bungee cord strapping it down you'd be in much better safety in a crash/rollover had it not been.

Anyone else understand what I'm saying?

Comment

Working...
                                X