wheelchair batteries and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheelchair batteries and tires

I need batteries for my Invacare Storm (my backup chair) which is no longer covered by Medicare. I also need tires for my manual chair (Quickie), also no longer covered. Any sources for these items besides my DME, and does anyone know what I should order?

Thanks,
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Manual wheelchair tires can be bought from Sportaid (www.sportaid.com). That is where I usually get mine from. Can't help you on the powerchair though.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

For your backup chair I would suggest deep cycle lead acid batterys.....they will last a couple of years with just charging once a month if your not using it....gel cells seems to die fast if not used regularly. Acid type are only about $70.00. You can't buy 1 gel for the price of 2 deep cycle acid type for spare chair.

Art
      Art

Comment

http://www.edmond-wheelchair.com/
        has about the best prices on most WC stuff. Personally, I would not use lead acid batteries, they're just too nasty for me to consider having in my house. I would shop around locally, I think even Walmart carries them (gels/glassmats). To save some money consider using group 22's instead of 24's (if that's what you're using) if you're only using it for backup.

Comment

Working...
        X